Chapter 13- Date?

The next morning, I went to get coffee for everyone while they were asleep. I went to the coffee shop, where Ringo had an unusual light in his eyes.

"Iris! Hey... can I ask you something?" he asked.

"You just did," I replied with a smirk. He gave me the look, and I laughed. "I'm just kidding! But seriously, can I get my coffee first?"

"Sure, your usual?"

"Yes, then add a coffee with cream and a little sugar, and four chocolate swirled frappes."

"Wow, what did you do last night? Host a secret gathering of the classic white chics or something?

I laughed. "No, I just had a few friends over."

"Right," he said giving me the coffee in a tray.

"Thanks," I said. "Now, weren't you going to ask me something?" I payed him as he spoke.

"Oh yeah, right. Iris, I was wondering if you'd go to the movies with me on Friday? There's this brand new comedy coming out, and it looked like something you'd enjoy. So, will you?"

I was in shock. "Joe 'Ringo' Starr is asking me out?"

He blushed. "You don't have to, I just thought-"

"I'd love too, Ringo. When does it start?"

"It starts at 6:00. Meet me then?"

"Sure. Sounds fun. See you then," I said walking out. So, now I have a date for Friday with one of my best friends? Odd, but ok.

By the time I got back to the house, Mom had already left for work and Spencer was awake.

"Hey, Spencer. I got you guys some coffee," I said handing her a cup. She sipped in appreciation.

"Thanks," she said coldly. What was up with her?

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Why should I tell you? You're basically a mini Ali."

I got very offended. "Look, Spencer, I know you don't like her. I know that you guys fought a lot right before she disappeared. But guess what? She's changed since then. She had to learn to survive and to appreciate what she had. She's realized that she was a horrible liar while she was away. I should know. I've seen her, Spencer. She's different."

"That's a likely story. But in case you haven't noticed, she let us suffer under -A's grasp. For several years."

"I know, but I have a confession to make... -A's been hurting me too. Ali doesn't know."

Spencer looked shocked. "What?" But before I could say anything else, the other girls got up, took their coffee, and drank. I did the same.

-S-

After a while, everyone left except for Ali. She saw that I was thinking about something.

"What happened, little sister?" she asked me.

"Promise you won't make fun of me?" I asked her.

"Cross my heart and hope to lie."

"Sis!"

"Just kidding! Now, seriously, what is it?"

"I have a date on Friday. With Ringo."

"No way! You mean that boy that you were such good friends with when you were little?"

"That's the one."

"Where are you going? The movies, dinner, dancing?" She started to dance oddly.

I laughed. "No, not dancing. I will never go dancing." She gave me a sad face. "He's taking me to the movies."

"Ooh, a movie date! I've had plenty of experience in those. I will help you prepare."

"Thanks, Ali. You're the best," I said hugging her.

"I know," she said. I laughed. I decided to talk to her about Spencer later.