Chapter 7- More Questions

"So, why did Ali decide she needed to disappear?" Emily asked. I knew she would be the one to ask this.

"Well, after she was knocked out and thrown into the hole, she stuck her hand out from the dirt, dying with each second. Then, someone helped her. She still won't tell me who. She did tell me that the person took her to the hospital. But she escaped because she didn't want to put the person in danger. Once Ali is known by a person, they're in danger," I told them.

"Danger?" Aria said confused.

"How about -A? Does that sound familiar to you?" I asked sternly. She looked shocked, but she nodded.

"Who is Ali so afraid of?" Emily asked.

"She thought she knew... but she was wrong."

"Any particular suspects?" Spencer asked.

"Hanna... you're the reason why I can't say who it is."

"Me?! I already know about Mona, if that's who you're implying," Hanna said.

"Hanna... did you just say a large vocabulary word?" Spencer asked shocked. Apparently, Hanna was not the smart one.

"Yes, now shut up, Spencer. Iris, just tell me who it is!" Hanna said tiredly.

"It'll ruin your relationship with her forever... but ok, if you really want to know..."

"Wait a minute... her... don't tell me; it's my mom?!"

"Hmm... maybe you are smart..."

"How could it be my mom?!"

"Well... she knew that Ali was alive. And so did Spencer's mom."

"Wait, what? My mom was in this too?!!" Spencer said.

"They got their information from a source... who I can't mention in front of Aria."

"Wait, was my mom in this too?", Aria said.

"No, it wasn't your mom. But it is someone close to you. Or who was, anyway."

Now Aria looked like she was going to pass out. "Please tell me it's not Ezra. Anyone but Ezra," she whispered.

"I'm sad to say it... but it is Ezra. I'm so sorry, Aria," I said.

And right when she was going to say something, everything went black. I could still hear though, and I heard Emily saying,"LET HER GO!!"

And then I passed out.