Chapter 1- He's the Guy

"Good morning, Iris," Mom said cheerfully. She was drinking a latte, as usual, and I knew she didn't get any for me.

"Morning, Mom," I said. School started in 20 minutes, and I was ready, so that meant I had about 10 minutes to go get something for breakfast.

I walked out of my house and grabbed my bike, so now I could ride to the coffee shop close by. I walked in and smelled the familiar smell of coffee beans.

"Hey, Iris, you want your usual?" Ringo, the coffee guy, asked me. Everybody called him Ringo because he was obsessed with The Beatles, his last name was Starr, and he was a drummer. His real name was Joe, so I think he liked his nickname better.

"Yeah, thanks," I always got a caramel latte with extra cream. He handed me my latte and gave him his tip. He always liked when I came in, mainly because I always gave him big tips.

The next thing I knew, I was on the floor with my latte spilled all over me.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I yelled. I looked up and saw a very attractive man.

"I'm so sorry. Here, let me help you up," the guy said holding out his hand. I grabbed it and I was back on my feet. I think I was blushing.

"Can I get you a new latte?" he asked.

"If you want too," I giggled. He went up and ordered his and my drinks. He had black hair and looked like he was in his 20s.

"Thanks," I said slipping my latte. "What's your name, latte spiller?"

He chuckled. "Ezra Fitz. You are?" Wait, he's Ezra Fitz? Oh, crap. That's the guy Ali warned me about.

"I'm Iris. It was nice to meet you."

"You too," he said. I walked out of the shop, placed my latte in the small basket I had on my bike, and pedaled to school. I went to Rosewood Day as a freshman. Maybe I could find Emily at school... there was one class for freshman in the senior hallway. I could give her the note then.

I checked my watch. 8:14. Oh crap, I'm going to be late for class! I ran straight to my first class: AP English.

I quickly sat down just as the teacher began talking.

"My name is Mr. Fitz. I am going to be your teacher for the rest of the semester," he said.

No. Not Ezra. Please not Ezra. Anyone but Ezra.

"Iris DiLaurentis?" he called out, breaking my thoughts.

"H-here," I said. His face fell, then picked up with a smirk.

Great. Now he knows I'm Ali's sister.