An Explanation

Steve and Catherine spent the rest of the day in bed, showing each other how much they lo ved them. They had only gotten up for food, and of course to us the washroom. Now it was 6:00. Catherine looked at Steve, who knew that she had to get up so she could get ready.

C: You know. I do have to take a shower.

S: Well then, maybe I will join you.

Catherine rolled out of bed smiling at Steve as she did so. Steve heard Catherine turn on the water, then got up and joined her in the bathroom. The shower hat should have only lasted 15 minutes lasted 45 minutes. 

When the two stepped ou tof the shower, they both had wrinkly skin. Steve grabbed a towel and handed it to Catherine, then grabbed another and started to dry himself off. Steve finished, then left the bathroom to get changed. 

Catherine dryed and straightned her hair, put on her make up, then walked out into the bedroom. When she had left, she had left all of her fancy clothes, and basically anything that she wouldn't wear in the desert at Steve's house. She picked out a form fitting royal blue dress, that came down to just above her knees. She put on some plain balck heels, and grabbed a black clutch. She then threw in some silver stud earings, and had Steve put on a silver necklace.

Steve was wearing a black and white suit. He was stood infront of the floor lenght mirror, then moved to the side to let Catherine have room to see herself. By now it was 7:30. Steve led Catherine down the stairs and into his car. 

Catherine was so busy talking to Steve, that she didn't realize that he had parked the car. 

C: Wait, this isn't the Hilton.

S: I know.

"I just thought that since we are engaged, we should amke it official" Steve said as he pointed to a jewlery shop. Catherine's face light up as Steve grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers, leading her across the parking lot, to the store.

Steve and Catherine picked out a 10 carat diamond ring. The ring had two intertwing bands, that where studed with small diamonds, with one big diamond in the center. Steve paid for it, then slid it onto Catherine's finger. It was the perfect fit.

C: It's beautiful.

S: Just like you.

Catherine leaned over and gave Steve a kiss. Then the two got in the car, and drove off to dinner. Luckily there wasn't much taffic so they where able to get there on time. Steve and Catherine got out of the car, and met around the front. Once again Steve joined their hands and fingers together, making Catherine smile.

They walked through the Village until they got to the restuarant. They met with the rest of the team, then went inside the restaurant. They got a table, and once everyne had ordered, they engaged in conversation.

D: So, you broke up with Lynn?

S: Yah.

D: And she hit you, so you arreted her?

S: Well she hit me, but it was Catherine who wrestled her onto the ground and cuffed her.

K: So, you two are back together?

S: Well, we uh...

C: We, are, engaged.

As soon as those words left her mouth, shock spread across the table. Kono looked happy but surprised, Chin was the smae, but Danny. Well Danny choked on his wine, then gave Steve a dissaproving look.

D: So she is back for less than 24 hours, and you propose to her?

S: Actually I proposed last night.

D: So what? An hour after she came back?

K: Danny, calm down.

D: I can't be the only one who thinks this is crazy.

CHK: It's only crazy to you, becaus he didn't tell you that he was planning to propose before Catherine left a year ago.

D: Oh, uh. Well then, I guess congratualtions are in order.

K: Yah guys, congrats.

The team got up and had  a big group hug, letting Steve and Catherine know that they supported their descision.