The Return

Steve and Catherine held hands as they walked across the tarmac towards their plane. They had said their goodbyes to everyone at the safe house and now the "5" 0 team was ready to go home. Steve in particular.

Catherine sat staring out the window, she had never thought that she would be here. Part of her was scared that this was all just a dream, a hallucination of her reaction to Steve's death.

Steve walked up to her and sat down. He had been talking with Danny, but hadn't really talked to Catherine since their initial confrontation. He had been scared to ask her to many questions. A few months earlier they had lost the baby, and then she lost him in the fight to get justice for their child's death. Catherine wasn't usually fragile like that, but she had the right to be after everything that happened.

S: Cath?

C: Hey.

S: Are you okay?

C: ... No, but with you back I will be.

S: Catherine I'm sorry.

C: Why?

S: I should have tried to make contact with you, or at least with someone who could tell you.

C: Steve, It's okay.

S: No, it's not.

C: Steve, I don't care that you didn't get to tell me that you where okay. All that matters is that you are sitting here next to me.

S: Are you sure?

Catherine smiled and leaned over, gently pressing her lips onto his. Steve smiled and returned the gesture.

C: How's that for sure?

Steve smiled. It was going to be a long flight home.

------------------------

Steve opened the door and threw the bags down. He turned around to face Catherine, who was one step ahead of him already.

There she stood in front of him, wearing only her underwear. Steve smiled and picked her up. Their lips met in a soft yet powerful kiss. They both had been waiting a long time to do this, Steve walked up the stairs and down the hall to their bedroom.

He threw Catherine down on the bed and jumped on top of her. They were in their own little world, nothing else mattered to them, to them they were the only ones alive, no problems, no danger. Nothing but each other's love.

That night they spent what time they should be sleeping, giving each other pleasure. The next morning Steve woke up with a smile on his face. It felt so good to be in his own bed, and to have his wife in his arms. After a few minutes, he felt her eyelashes start to flutter against his chest. A few seconds later her eyes opened, her lips curled into a smile when she remembered where she was and what she had done.

S: Good morning.

C: That it is.

S: Cath?

C: Yeah?

S: We should take a trip. All of us. Even if we just go to another island.

C: That's a good idea Steve. But how do you expect all of us to get time off?

S: Well, I decide who gets time off, and I'm still on leave. I don't have to keep anyone in the office if I don't want to. And it will only be a week.

C: That could work.

S: Danny can bring Grace; Chin can bring Sara and Abby. Kono can bring Adam.

C: So, a big family vacation?

S: Yes.

C: Alright. We should probably start making some calls.

S: You take Kono and Danny, I'll take Chin.