What's Inside?

By now Danny, Kono and Chin where all crying. Not only were they devastated that Steve was dead, but they where watching Catherine cry like no ones ever cried before. 

It took a solid hour before Catherine got herself to a place where she could stand up. She gathered herself the best she could, then turned around to see everyone else. By now they had all wiped their tears, and now only wore sad looks on their faces. 

They all walked together and embraced each other in a giant hug. It felt so good to all of them, but it was missing something. It was missing a leader, the one with the strongest embrace, it was missing Steve. And the hug just didn't feel right without him.

The four men still hadn't left, and they still hadn't closed the back of the vehicle. Catherine walked over to them to say thank you and when she got over there they gave her an apologetic look.

Man 1: Ma'am, would you like to see him? Say goodbye one more time. Before we take him?

Catherine couldn't speak, she just gave a nod. One of the men opened the casket, then the four of them walked away to give Catherine some privacy. Catherine prepared herself as much as she could before looking at Steve. She had seen him so many times, and each time he wore the same smile, the smile that made her soul light up. And his eyes, the way that the green colour sparkled in the sun like diamonds. These thoughts killed her, knowing that she would never see either of these things again. Knowing that instead of waking up every morning by Steve's lips on hers, and his smile lighting up the room, she would now be met by a cold empty bed and a dark room. No one to make her a surprise breakfast, no one to tell her that she looked beautiful as she stood in front of the mirror contemplating, no one to love her.

Catherine moved herself and for the first time looked down into the casket. The sight made her gasp, but not with grief, with surprise. Everyone heard this and came running over, so they all where looking down at the body.

Man 1: Is there a problem Ma'am?

C: Yah, that's, that's not my husband.

Man 2: Ma'am sometimes grief can do this to us, we don't recognize the dead.

D: No she's right, that's not Steve.

Man 1: Well then who is it?

C: And where the hell is Steve?

Honestly balled my eyes out writing this. guess it didn't help that i was listening to Sleeping At Last. Anyways hope you enjoyed, next chapter should be up soon.