Good or Bad? Sad or Mad?

About 2 weeks after Catherine had returned to work she has strayed feeling tired. Really tired. She was also nauseous, dizzy and all around sick. But she didn't think  that she was sick. She thought something else. And this something else scared her. Buy she knew that she couldn't let her feelings be overcome her, before she made sure she was right.

It was a nice day that day. Steve had already done to work. He has questioned Catherine's "appointment" but she told him it was nothing. She locked the house then hopped in her car and left. She drove 15 minutes down the road to the hospital. She walked in the doors and shuddered. She had never wanted to be back here again. She walked over to the elevator and got in. But this  time instead of pushing the button labeled Emergency, she pushed the button labeled OB/GYN.

When she stepped out of the elevator she walked up to the reception desk. There where a few nurses scattered down the halls, but in the waiting room she was the only one there. She checked in with the nurse behind the counter, then took a seat. She waited for about five minutes before she was called in. She followed the doctor down the hall and into a room.

Doctor: Hi I'm Dr.Montgomery.

C: Catherine McGarett. Nice to meet you.

Catherine hopped up on the table. The doctor pulled up a monitor. Then placed the cold blue gel on Catherine's slightly swollen stomach. A few seconds later a loud whooshing sound came out of the monitor, and then a few seconds after that a heartbeat came out. The doctor froze the screen and pointed to a small round blob on the screen.

Doctor: And that there is your baby.

Catherine looked at the screen. It wasn't normal for her to cry, but as soon as she laid her eyes on her child she bursted out crying. The doctor handed her some tissues and she wiped her tears.

Doctor: I'm guessing this wasn't planned?

C: No.

Doctor: Do you want to talk about your options?

C: Uh no, no.

Doctor: Ok. Well the good news is, is that this baby is very healthy. You're about 11 weeks along.

C: 11 weeks?

Doctor: Yes.

C: I was shot 5 weeks ago. I had major surgery. Are you sure the baby is fine?

Doctor: I am sure. The baby has a good heartbeat, the size is good and it has no signs of complications. We will watch you a little more carefully, but I assure you. Both you and your baby are fine.

C: Thank god.

Doctor: Now I'm sure that you have some where to be. So I will get you some photos and get you on your way.

C: Thank you Dr.Montgomery.

He doctor gave Catherine some photos, then let her go. Catherine walked out of the room and done the hall. She pressed the button for the elevator and steeped in. Once again she was alone. She looked at the photos and sighed. This was never something that she had wanted. Even before this day, but now that she saw it, her baby. Steve's baby. Maybe she could do this.

Catherine put the photos in her wallet then started her car and drove off. She made it to the office 20 minuets later. She walked up the stairs, down the hall and in the office. She motioned for Steve to follow her, then walked into her office.

S: Catherine, are you okay?

C: I'm fine. I'm great actually.

S: Catherine...

Catherine pulled out her wallet and took out the photos. She breathed heavily before handing them over to Steve. He looked at them, then at her. His face filled with a mix of emotions foreign to Catherine.

S: Catherine.

C: I know Steve, I was surprised too.

S: Is this what you where doing this morning?

C: Yes. And the only reason I didn't tell you, was because I wanted to know for sure.

S: Cath.

C: Steve I get it. This was unplanned and sudden. But I, I'm coming around to the whole thing. I never though I wanted to be a mother. But looking at those photos. It's all I want.

S: Catherine, I'm not mad or upset. I happy, I may be the happiest person on the planet. This is all I ever wanted. To be married and have a family with you.

C: Really?

S: Yes really. Now come on, let's go tell everyone.

C: Ok.