Missed Crys

"Hey Maya, you okay?" Riley asked me during first period. I was slumped onto the desk with my head in my arms forcing myself not to cry. I nodded my head.

"I'm just tired honey." I said.

"Oh good. You looked sad," she sighed "and what are you wearing? It's hot out today." Riley asked. I was wearing a hoodie and sweats. No way was I going to wear things that showcased my bruises and scars.

"I just wasn't feeling the day today Riley. I didn't get much sleep over the weekend." Actually I haven't slept at all since Thursday night. Friday fucked me up. I was tired, hungry and I felt raw, and oh so violated.

Josh tried calling me many times over the weekend but I sent him one simple text. 'We are through' he hasn't called since.

"Okay peaches. Omg look at Lucas today!" She yelled pointing to the door. I looked up from my arms to se a very attractive Huckleberry staring directly at me. My body shakes and I cringe from my sore spots.

His face twists into concern but when Riley goes up to him and kisses him he melts. Ugh they are so perfect. Why couldn't I have that with Josh? Maybe because he left me alone. Or because he dresses me up like a slut, his plaything.

"Maya? You okay?" He asks and I groan, standing up. Big mistake. I falter a little and catch myself on the desk. All eyes in the classroom were on me. Class has just started and it was still quiet.

"Ow-why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm. Fine." I grumble at Lucas. He and Riley were both shocked at my small outburst. My legs gave out from under me and I fell back into my seat.

I felt the scabs of my thighs tear open and I let a small tear of pain slip. I hastily wipe it away before anyone notices. My hand flies to my thighs to apply pressure. It hurts so much. I look up to see everyone back in their seats. Riley was staring at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry May-" Lucas starts as he touches my shoulder for comfort. I recoil and shoot him a death glare.

"Don't touch me." I growl. He snatches his hand back and looks towards Riley, as if asking what to do. I look back to the chalkboard and try to focus on the task at hand.