Doorstep

I found myself at my doorstep 30 minutes later. I sat down in the cool concrete waiting for Lucas to catch up. I felt safe with him now, For the first time; I was happy to have him hovering over me. It meant that he cares about me. Maybe more than he let on.

He came around the corner panting with sweat droplets on his forehead. I laughed at his disheveled state. He rolled his eyes at me and approached my spot on the doorstep.

"Hey" he said catching his breath. He sat down next to me and grabbed my hand that was carefully placed on my upper thigh. I looked into his eyes searching for any sign of emotion.

"Hey." I squeak with a small voice.

We sit like that for an hour, never saying anything. It was a comfortable silence. One that I think we both needed to share.

*3 days later*

"Yes I'm sure." I argue. Riley was trying to convince me to not go back to school. I never liked school but it was always a nice distraction. Yesterday I was released from the hospital. They did a full body checkup on me.

My doctor had to be a woman, I had requested that. I didn't know if I could handle being touched by a male, not now. Even if it was only for my health.

The appointment was only 3 hours but they had be stay overnight just to pump vitamins or something into my systems apparently I lacked an inch from my lack of eating.

Nurse Candi checked every inch of my body; she treated my wounds, bandaged my wrists, and she even had to look inside of me. She said that I was torn inside. Which means that I might be incapable of having a child.

It was a sad thought, but I wasn't planning on being a child into this world anyways. It's such a scary world, and depression can be passed on to the baby. I would hate for a baby to go through what I had gone through.

I'm better now, truly. I have been on meds for the past few days and I already felt happier. I was tired a lot more often though. Must be a side effect of the anti-depressants.

"Maya!" Riley yelled, snapping her fingers in front of my face. Her face materialized in front of me and all previous thoughts disappeared.

"Huh?" I said confused on what she had been rambling about.

She laughed shakily and rolled her eyes at me. I smiled in return.

"If you want to go back then do what you think is good for you. But I really can't stress how important it is to find that bastard and thrown him in jail." Riley says with so much raw emotion. We had since made up from when I told her about my situation.

She apologized and she's been a much better listener since then. We've grown so much closer in these past 3 days than the 12 years prior.

"Okay." I agreed. She smiled brightly and pulled on my arms.

"Let's go clothes shopping!!!" She yelled and I giggled at how excited she was. I haven't been this excited about anything for awhile now, it was nice.

Time to remodel my life, reinvent Maya Hart.

//Note//

Sorry it was such a short chapter I'm having trouble coming up with the next part of this story. So happy that Maya is finally feeling better about herself. Thanks for the 6k reads!!! ❤