Chapter 11: Close?

Zen's POV

I watched her laugh as her eyes glow with happiness. I see her from her. But no. She is not her. She is different from the rest. She is not Chloe.

No Zen. You mustn't compare Chloe from her. They're different from each other.

I shook my head from what I thought.

Chloe suddenly frowned.

"Hey? Are you okay Zen? You're spacing out." She said. Confusion was written all over her face.

She looks funny. No, let me rephrase it, she is funny.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Uhm, Chloe can I ask you a question?" Sabi ko sa kanya. Maybe this is my time to move on and step forward.

"You're already asking. Duh?" She said sarcastically.

"Ha-ha-ha Chloe. But anyway I'm serious."

Bigla siyang naging seryoso.

"Oh, sorry for that. Uh, yeah. What do you want to ask?" Sabi niya.

"Can I just call you Sky instead of Chloe? If it's okay for you." I asked.

"Uh yeah. Sure no problem. Can I also ask a favor?" She said in an awkward tone.

"What favor?" I said.

"Uhm, can we stop speaking in English? It really makes me uncomfortable." She said.

"Haha sorry for that. Nasanay lang kasi ako kasi kababalik ko palang galing New York."

Yes, I came from New York. I was transferred here for some unknown reasons.

"Oh, kaya pala. Uhm Zen? Can we be formally be friends?" She asked. Hope can be seen through her eyes.

"Yes, why not. I'm actually comfortable whenever I'm around you.    And hindi ka naman siguro nangangagat diba Sky? So why not, right?" I said with happiness.

"Alam mo Zen, okay na sana eh kung wala lang yung nangangagat na part. Don't worry I don't bite." Natatawa niyang sabi.

*ehem* I cleared my throat.

"Friends?" I asked handing my hand to her to have a friendship handshake.

She accepted my hand.

"Formally friends." She said smiling. We shaked our hands when the bell suddenly rang.

*kringggg* *kringggg*

"Oh, sorry Zen but I really have to go. Thank you for the time and I'm hoping to meet you again." She smiled.

"One of these days." I said to her.

She started walking away.

Chloe's POV

I started to walk away. Aish nahahawa na yata ako kay Zen. Binilisan ko yung paglalakad ko ng biglang tumawag si Zen kaya napalingon ako.

"Sky?!" He shouted.

"Bakit?" I asked.

"May atraso ka pa sa akin, ha?!" Sigaw niya na may halong pang-aasar.

I gave him a "what do you mean" look.

He just smiled, so I started to turn my gaze away from him as I turned my back. I started to walk. I am going to be late for crying out loud.

When he suddenly shouted.

"Ako yung nakabanggaan mo sa gate. You didn't even have time to look at me and apologize. Kaya may atraso ka pa!" He shouted at me but not in a bad way.