Chapter 32

Kat's POV:

The longer I sat there, my feet tucked into my chest and my cheeks drenched with my tears, the longer his voice echoed through my head, the venomous words he spoke that were supposed to be directed to me, well dead me anyway. He was right, it's my fault their dead.

It's my fault, all my fault. 

The vile thoughts circled through my head as I stood up, flipping the small desk and screaming my lungs out. My hands ripped through my hair and tears were burning furiously down my face. 

If I would have just stayed with him none of this would have happened!

Why couldn't I just suck it up? Put up with him for everyone else's sake, he didn't hurt me. I would have been fine. But no, I had to go and ruin everyone's lives because I didn't want to. How pathetic? How selfish?

"Why am I so greedy!" I screamed at myself, breaking anything and everything in sight. Once again, ruining everything. I have hurt so many people and Gotham has the audacity to call me a hero, look at me. I'm no hero. 

Hero's would have sacrificed themselves for everyone else but I just put more people in danger, used everyone to make sure I got away from him. I let out another piercing scream as I slid down the wall of the corner of the room, everything feeling as if it was collapsing around me.

"Katerina?" I lifted my head from my knees slowly, ashamed of myself. "Katerina what's happened." Bruce's eyes held worry as he hurried over to me.

"They're dead, Bruce, they're all dead." I sobbed throwing myself in his scrawny arms. 

"Who's dead Kat?" He questioned, still with him arms wrapped around me. 

"The cheer team. It's m-my fault h-he killed them." I stuttered through my tears as he tried his best to comfort me. 

"Silver, can you give us a moment please?" It was only then that I noticed the petite blonde standing in the doorway, looking at the two of us cautiously before nodding and leaving quietly. 

"Hey, I heard Katerina scream what's goin-" Selina's voice came, followed by Alfred's footsteps. "Move it, Wayne, let me help." Her usual hostile behavior changed into somewhat concerned. She pushed Bruce from me and sent him away along with Alfred. 

"You don't have to do this." I sniffled.

"You may be a rich kid but you're not completely horrible." She reached her hand towards me and I took it, pulling myself up. "You did a pretty good job at trashing the room, though, so respect for that." She laughed at me and I started to feel slightly better. 

"Thanks."I chuckled, wiping the remaining tears from my eyes. 

"Don't sweat it." You gave her a small smile before letting your mind drift back to what had occurred in Gotham. "Quit thinking about it, I don't know what you're thinking about but it's making you upset so stop." She poked me, my mind still drifting in and out of what was going on around me. 

"It's all my fault." I spoke, breaking the silence we had fallen into. "He murdered them because I left." 

"What are you going on about?" Selina asked, confused. 

"He murdered the cheer team that was on the bus with me, he said that he did it because I broke the deal. He's punishing me." I explained, my voice small and exhausted. 

"For what? Dying?" Selina snorted but stopped when she saw how serious I was. 

"Yes." I replied, putting my head in my hands. "None of this would have happened if I stayed with him."