Chapter 22: Where There Is Darkness...There Is Light

~Yumi’s P.O.V.~

“Gohan, I need help! This field won't budge!" I was beginning to freak out; My Grandmother's soul is being held captive, Yugi is trapped in a Shadow Game against Pegasus, and I am stuck behind an invisable wall!

"Maeyumi, you need to calm down. Trying to pound the crap out of something you can't even see isn't going to help anything." Gohan exclaimed placing his hands on the field as though he was placing his hands on glass.

His words didn't reach me immediatley and on more kick was thrown; driving my heel into the invisable wall. Gohan didn't flinch even though my heel hit right in between his hands. And then his words processed into my head. I dropped my heel and stared up at the dark cloud forming behind Gohan; concealing Yugi and Pegasus in the Shadow Realm.

I turned my head away to escape Gohan’s gaze as my eyes began to water a bit. This was crazy…the whole damn situation is crazy! Even thinking about the pain that Pegasus has caused my friends and I; it get’s me so enraged! I could feel my blood boil with each passing second…my energy level grew the madder I got. Lightning began to crackle around my body, hitting the barrier in front of me but sadly not weakening it.

But then I saw it; one bolt of energy had shattered a layer of the barrier. “No way…” I breathed flying closer the spot that had been struck. What I saw resembled a shattered piece of thin glass, like if a baseball had flown through glass. Except I was not out; beyond the one layer I saw 5 more. “Gohan, Do you see this?” I asked him referring to the cracked layer.

“Yeah, but how did this only happen once? You pounded the field in several places, but it only broke in one place.” Gohan wondered.

I ran my hand over the cracked field. It didn’t feel like cracked glass…Ow! I pulled my hand back from the felid, only to see that I had cut myself on the invisable wall. “Shoot, it’s like when you cut your finger on a cracked phone screen.” I said shaking my hand out.

“Well this is certainly interesting.” Gohan commented tapping on the invisable barrier, as though a small kid was tapping on the glass of a tank at the aquarium

“Hey! No taping on the Glass!” I yelled. Man now I know what the fishes feel like when there are kids tapping on their tank…it’s just plain annoying.

“How about I get a shot at cracking this thing open?”

~Yuma’s P.O.V.~

“Are you sure you know how to get this thing to crack?” Yumi asked me as she flew next to me as a spirit.

“Yeah, I have a theory.” I told her as I cracked my knuckles.

“And what is this great theory of yours?” Gohan questioned as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“Well if you must know,” Yuma teased, “I will tell you…from what I have learned since my spirit was released from the Millennium Bracelet, I can break through into the shadow realm. If this barrier is a product of the Shadow Realm, I should be able to crack it like an egg.” Yuma said, punching her hand to put emphasis on her theory.

“That’s right!” Yumi exclaimed, “When Yugi was first caught in the shadow realm, you were able to break through.”

“Exactly, we just need to hope it works again.” Yuma said.

“Well I have no objections.” Gohan said as he began to fly away from the barrier, trying to get himself out of the shatter zone.

“Well then, let’s crack this egg!” Yumi exclaimed, taking shelter inside the body we shared.