21: Identity

Kai:

Everytime she called out my name... it made my heart tremble... it made my heart waver. I wanted to change my mind about letting her be with Chanyeol, I knew he was a better match for her than I was, I'm a dangerous person and her being with me would only lead her to be a target for attacks. But every single time she called my name... when she says it like that, I can't help but get affected by it, I just want to turn back around and hold her close to me and be with her.

"Kai!" I heard a guy's voice shout my name as I looked up to see Suho and Kris waiting for me outside my house, were they here to scold me for not showing up at the hideout today? I quickly ran up towards them as I prepared myself for what was about to come. "Hi hyung, sorry I didn't turn up today... I had... to do detention..." you lied, "you don't have to lie to us Kai, we know what you've been up to" Kris folded his arms, "we know that you're trying to find out who you really are and you're trying to find out about your parents" Suho put a hand on your shoulder.

"H-How did you know?" your eyes widen in shock as your heart started to beat a little faster in anxiety, "Kai, we are your alphas, there isn't anything that we don't know about you" Suho added, "then... can you tell me the truth... the truth, about who I am, what I am... I'm so confused and I just want to know.... are my parents really-", "the ancient circle? yes, they are the leaders of the wolf circle that makes up the ancient circle with a few other supernatural leaders" Kris sighed looking at Kai with sentimental eyes, one of the looks that Kai has never seen before from Kris. 

"Then am I... a-a..." your voice quivered not wanting to say it, "it is exactly what you are thinking of Kai, you are the Apostle of Justice, you are the one that holds all the power, all the power that the Ancient Circle has... you have all of that within you" Suho looked at you, "all the power?" you mumbled, "yes all the power, the unspoken mysterious power lies within you, the Moonstone that we have, that is what they need to take the power away from you, that is why Triple X has been trying to take the Moonstone,  they want it to take the power away from you" Suho continued to reveal the truth to Kai. "Then what do I do?", "you protect that power, this is your fate... this is what you were destined for, to protect the power that your parents and everyone in the ancient circle has been trying to protect" Kris bellowed.

"But why me? and why are you telling me now?" you clenched your fists feeling the fear taking over you, "because your parents entrusted you with it, it was decided by the circle and you were the heir to those powers, we're telling you because we don't want to keep it from you any longer. We kept it from you long enough, knowing will only let you become vulnerable to danger" Kris held your wrists helping you un-clench your fists, "we were afraid that if we told you that you'd be afraid by the responsibility that lies on your shoulders, we are your alphas and we want to help you and not hinder you" Suho pulled you into a hug, "we'll get through this together alright?" Suho asked as you nodded. 

"Remember that knowing is very dangerous, do not tell this to anyone else, not even to the other members, the guy that sent you that text message... he was killed by Triple X..." Kris sighed shaking his head at the twisted truth. "Ki-Killed?" your voice broke, "you are the one and only keeper of the moonstone Kai, without you they will never be able to get to that power, because he told you.... he let out a big part of their secret that's why we never told you in case you'll get hurt".

After Suho and Kris left, the lingering feeling of fear was still there, I couldn't help but feel scared of what is about to happen... did the guy really die just for revealing information? it was just like the professor that died after writing an article about him finding the portal. But the worse part is that, Jaehee now also knows about it... she won't get hurt would she? You squeezed your eyes tightly worried that you really may have led her to danger and if something really happens you'll never forgive yourself for letting her become their target.