Chapter 15: Finding Yourself

Kai:

What does it mean to find yourself? How am i suppose to find myself? What is it exactly that i'm looking for? Questions flooded through my mind, What if i cant find it? What's going to happen to Jaehee? Would the wolf really kill her?

My pulse raced, as i recalled luhan's advice to me, I walked towards my auntie's restaurant hoping to find some answers there. "Step 1 is to trace your history and find out the truth about the past" luhan's voice echoed in my head as i pushed open the door sending the bells above jingling, "oh jongin-ah you're here" auntie ran over to hug me, "where's the girl you brought over last time?" she looked around as if i hid her somewhere making me laugh "I didn't bring her today auntie" i feigned a smile hoping she'll let it slip and sat at one of the booth seats, "why not, you two look really cute together, did you argue with her?" she eyed me, "nah it's not like that, anyways auntie i want to ask you something... can you erm... tell me the truth?" i asked meeting her eyes. "What is it dear?" she took the seat opposite me, "can you tell me what really happened about my parents, do you know anything? its really important auntie" my pupils trembled hoping she would tell me the truth.

"dear jongin-ah, i knew one day you were going to ask me this..." she stood up and went into the kitchen and then bringing out a box then setting it before me on the table. "open it" she said somberly, "what's this?" i mumbled as i lifted up the lid of the dusty box to see the blanket that i was found in and a strange looking bracelet which i picked up. "Jongin you also had this bracelet when I found you, the truth is I really did find you outside my house and I do not know exactly who your parents are or what happened to them but i know that them leaving you outside my house was not a coincidence..." she sat down again and held my hand tight, "what do you mean auntie? do you know something?" my gaze started to become a little more intense.

"I know what you are Jongin, you don't have to hide that from me, because i'm also part of the supernatural world im a caretaker for supernaturals like you, unlike the others my dear Jongin.. you were not bitten, you were a natural born" she patted my hand gently, she was like my mum, she treated me with so much care and concern. "like i said i don't know who your parents are but... i might know who they might be" she pulled out a newspaper article from the box and laid it on the table facing me. "on the night i found you, the head leaders of the supernatural world were said to have been hunted for and some of them were killed, i think your parents might be the heads of the wolf sector, Jongin-ah... i think you should start searching from that" she frowned feeling sad she couldn't be of much help.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, it really helps" i assured her and held her hand tightly in return. "but jongin, please be careful... there is a reason why no one went to pursue this, it was said that they were killed by a pack of wolves who are trying to defy the ways of the supernatural and trying to become the ultimate alpha pack. whoever they are, i'm sure they wouldn't want anyone to get in their way or unveil their secrets, so please be careful alright?" her eyes full of worry. As soon as she said that, I had an idea of who this so-called pack was and if i wasn't wrong... this pack that was power hungry was the Triple X, "I'll be careful auntie i promise" i gave her a hug and thanked her again before I left her restaurant with the dusty box in my hand. This was just more than me finding myself, it was about unveiling the truth about the past, this wasn't just about me anymore and I knew i was the key in bringing light to this dark lie.

"oww" i accidentally bumped into the girl and i heard her fall to the ground, "j-jaehee?" i turned around to see her sitting on the rocky ground and i helped her to get up "sorry about that..." i looked to the ground unable to meet her eyes, "no its okay, i wasn't looking at where i was going too anyways..." she mumbled not looking at me either. It was so awkward i didn't know what to say to her but i didn't want to leave either, "a-ar-are you going home?" she spat out "yeah you?" i replied almost immediately, "yeah i just stopped to buy an ankle guard" she pointed to the convenience shop in front of us, "did you sprain your ankle?" you stared at her slightly limping on the spot "um sorta... um i fell down yesterday and sprained it" she looked up to see your concerned eyes, "stay here, i'll go buy it" i went into the shop to buy a couple of ankle guards for Jaehee as she stood outside waiting. "Thanks jongin" she smiled as she saw me walking out of the store and i squatted down on the ground to put it on for her "yah i'll do it myself, why are you doing it for me" her eyes widen in surprise, "its okay, just gimme your feet" i patted my knee for her to put her feet on. "you dont have to do this for me..." she sighed "we are friends aren't we? isn't this what friends do for each other?" i replied as she slip her feet out of her shoe and rested it on top of my knee, my heart stung at the word friends... why did i have to say that i sighed. I gently wrap the guard around her ankle focusing on the swelling portion and then i slip the shoe back on for her before standing up.

"lets go, i'll walk you home" i walked ahead of her still hoping my dusty box in my arms, i didn't know if she was even following me but i hoped she did if not i'll be really embarrassed.

Jaehee:

My heart fluttered as his warm hands touched my ankle making my heart beat a little faster with every passing second, he was always sincere in the littlest of ways which was what i really liked about him even though he tries to act cool and like he doesn't care. I followed behind him quietly thinking if i should walk faster to walk beside him or keep trailing behind him like this... I mean i'm dating Chanyeol now, well sort of but its been a while since i've talked to Jongin.

I jogged towards him and stopped when i was beside him, "whats that box you're holding?" i looked at the box it was pretty dusty like its has been kept somewhere and hasnt been touched for years, "erm... well... this..." he looked down at the box, he was probably thinking if he should tell me about it. "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, i don't want to pry" i smiled pretending like i was okay with him keeping secrets but i wanted to respect his personal space as well so i decided to let him be. After walking in silence for a while he decided to tell me, "this box has some stuff that could help me find out who my parents are, auntie kept it in her restaurant all this while" he muffled, "are... you going to find out who they are?" i asked "well, im sure everyone want to at least know who their parents are or what their name is" he dusted some of the dust off the lid.

I continued to look at his endearing face that was filled with brokenness and sorrow, looking at how he wanted to know the truth and at how he wanted to know something about his past, it tugged at my heart just looking at him being like this. "what?" he noticed that i was staring at his face "nothing" my eyes met his for a few seconds before turning away. "did chanyeol give that to you?" he pointed to the necklace i was wearing "um yeah he did" you looked down at the necklace and holding it in your hand then looking back at Jongin who was still staring at the necklace, eyes filled with hurt and longing "im sorry for staring" he turned away and started to walk faster towards my house.