Chapter 10: Inner Fear

Jaehee:
I couldn't sleep, after what just happened i dont think i'll be able to sleep for an entire week. Whats happening, is Kai hiding something from me, why did they ambush him like this the thought of it makes my hair stand. I rolled and tossed in my bed pulling the covers over my head as i frowned trying to register what the burly man said to Kai. "Aish" i grumbled in frustration "i'll think about it tomorrow" i mumbled as i closed my eyes.

The next morning, i woke up extra early just to wait at the bus stop hoping to catch Kai and take the bus with him. I sat on one of the seats and swung my legs back and froth with my hands in my pockets, letting bus after bus pass by. "Yah why didn't you go up the bus?" a familiar voice sat down next to me as i looked up "Chanyeol?" "Aish, you sound disappointed... were you waiting for someone else?" Chanyeol pouted "N-N-No i wasn't.." i played with my fingers "Okay then let's get up the bus!" "Wait I-" Chanyeol grabbed my hand and led me up the bus. We sat at the back as usual, him sliding to the seat next to me. "So where did you go yesterday, you weren't at school and neither was Jongin, did you two perhaps..." "No" i stumbled, taken aback by his question "okay then... i wont ask you anymore questions about it but i just want to let you know, you can tell me anything if you have problems i'll protect you" Chanyeol could feel that I was uncomfortable so he tried to liven up the atmosphere and started swinging his hands above his head.

I couldn't help but laugh, Chanyeol was my happy pill no matter what the situation he could make me forget all my problems in a second "yah stop that its embarrassing" i tried to pull his hands down as everyone turned to stare. "live a little Jaehee, life is short, you gotta smile more" Chanyeol laughed and put his hands down after seeing me smile.

We got down the bus and saw Jongin walking into the school, "Kai! Wait up!" i ran towards him leaving Chanyeol behind "you still owe me the explanation" i trudged behind him "i don't owe you anything" he brushed me off coldly. I stood there feeling rejected staring at him as he walked away letting Chanyeol catch up to me "what was that all about?" "nothing... just forget it" i crossed my arms "lets just get to class" i sighed.

Kai:
"Where did you and Jaehee go yesterday?" Baekhyun wriggled his eyebrows "we didn't go anywhere" "oh so you admit that you were with Jaehee" Baekhyun kept nudging Kai "That's the least of our problems" Kris bellowed "I've heard that Triple X tried to get the Moonstone from you Kai" Kris looked concerned and the rest of the members turned to look at Kai "it gets worst... Jaehee was there when they were trying to get it from me, but she didn't get hurt but she heard them asking me to handover the Moonstone..." Kai sighed.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, its not like you did it on purpose at least she didn't get hurt" D.O massaged Kai's tensed shoulders. "Do you think they will hurt her when we aren't around?" Luhan looked to the floor "Maybe." Suho frowned. "We should try to protect her as much as we can" Sehun looked at his two leaders awaiting their approval "and as for the Moonstone, we cannot let it fall into their hands no matter what" Kris asserted. "I'll go accompany Jaehee" Chanyeol ran out of the classroom, turning his head left and right until he found her sitting on the bleachers in the field.

Chanyeol:
"Yoon Jaehee, I've been looking for you everywhere, why are you here all by yourself?" Jaehee got startled by Chanyeol's voice and tried to wipe away all evidence of her crying. "Jaehee-ah..." Chanyeol's voice trailed off running to sit by her side, "were you... crying? what happened?" Chanyeol held her wrists gently so she wouldn't cover her face. Even though she wiped most of the tears away, the tracks of her tears stained her cheeks. "i'm fine" She faked a smile "No, no one that was crying by herself was ever fine, you know i'm always here for you, you can tell me anything" Chanyeol looked at her in the eyes as he saw her pupils shaking. She was scared.

She didn't need to say anything, he knew what she was scared off, her eyes told him everything.

"Come here" Chanyeol pull her into his chest as her tears started to flow again, she was trembling as she cried and Chanyeol could only hold her as tight as he could. "It'll be okay, I'm here now, I'll protect you" Chanyeol rested his hand on the top of her head as she gripped his shirt. "i wont let anything happen to you i promise" Chanyeol kissed the her forehead as he looked into her eyes, she wasn't trembling anymore, they felt assured. Jaehee smiled "Thanks Channie, I can always count on you" Chanyeol laughed and wiped away her tears, "Lets take you home" he stood up holding a hand out for her to grab.

Jaehee:

I felt so much better after talking Chanyeol, he made me feel more assured... he made me feel less terrified, like someone is really looking out for me. There was something in his eyes that gave me assurance like i could trust him... he would protect me right?