One

All rights go to the amazing mind that is Cassandra Clare for all the characters in this story.

Jace's POV

"So you wanna go out tonight or not?" I asked as me, Alec and Isabelle sat round the table in the kitchen. They looked up at me as I spoke.

"Yeah, if you want to." Alec said. Isabelle smirked.

"Well we all know Jace wants to." Alec gave a smile back whereas I frowned, confused. "Cause everyone knows that he can't wait to see his girlfriend." She said in a sing song voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Urg, she's not my girlfriend." I said.

"Does she know that?" Alec asked. Isabelle laughed. I sighed.

"Well, actually Kailae won't be out tonight. She's working. And so I want to go to Pandemonium. I plan to avoid Taki's tonight."

"I thought you liked her?" Isabelle said.

"To be honest. She's kinda driving me crazy." Izzy scoffed, amused.

"So you just want her for sex?" Isabelle asked.

"Firstly, not something you ask your brother. Secondly, no. Gross. I can't even look at her sometimes, let alone have sex with her. She can be so stupid. Really, I can't stand her but she keeps telling people we are dating and I don't know how to tell her that we aren't. And that I don't want to see her again... Like ever."

"You have to tell her at some time or other."

"For tonight can we just leave it at 'or other'?" Isabelle looked at me.

"Fine, we will help you avoid. But only this once." She said. After a while we all got ready and left the Institute. We were all walking when we heard this alarm like noise coming from one of the streets.

"What is that?" Alec asked.

"I don't know." I said looking around, frowning. We followed the loud noise and it took us to a large building. We were about to walk closer when a girl started to run in our direction. We all moved out the way and she ran past. We turned around to look at her and saw that she had stopped. We watched her from the back. Then she turned around. I frowned. Then she looked at us. I turned around and looked behind me, thinking she might be looking at someone else. Me, Alec and Isabelle all looked at each other. I felt sort of exposed. Was she really looking at us? She tilted her head to the side.

"Hello." She said. We all looked at each other again before looking back to the girl. We had our glamours. How could she see us? It was now I was really looking at her. Her red hair, drenched by the rain. Her white top starting to get see through from the water. Her blue jeans, ripped and frayed at the bottom. And her bare feet, swimming in the puddles.

"Are you talking to us?" Isabelle said back. The girl didn't reply but looked us up and down. She looked towards me. She was strange. Different. She was staring right at me. Anybody else would have probably looked away, embarrassed but she didn't. Then she walked closer to me. She took my arm, shocking me slightly. She put her finger to one of my runes and traced it. She dropped my arm.

"Haven't seen one of you in a while. Now I have three." She said with a smirk. We all frowned.

"What do you mean?" Alec asked, stepping towards her. I think he was meaning to intimidate her but she just stood looking at him. The girl ignored him and turned to face me again.