Sixteen

All rights go to the amazing mind that is Cassandra Clare for all the characters in this story.

Fur's POV

"What hell bent destruction shall we embark on today?" I asked the demon beside me. It looked up at me, giving a grunt. "Helpful." I clicked my fingers, making the demons body explode. I gave a sigh as I shook my boot, trying to get rid of the ichor. "I actually liked these." I said looking at them. I leant against the bar again, sipping my drink. I sighed.

"What is it, mistress?" Another demon asked.

"I thought this would all be more fun. I need something to do. Someone to torment."

"I thought you were tormenting that girl inside you?"

"Yes, I am. She's locked in a nice little corner of her mind. Right now, she thinks she is just living out her days in the asylum we found her at. But I want a more physical type of action." I stood up, looking at the demon beside me. "Go and find me another downworlder to have my way with."

"Of course. Right away." The demon said. "And, um, what about all the bodies?" It asked. I looked around the small bar at the victims of my power.

"Leave them." I smirked. "I think they really jazz up the place. Adds character, you know?" I said before sitting back down. I looked back at the demon. "Off you go then." It nodded before scurrying away. "Just can't get the staff these days." I said, under my breath.

Clary's POV

"Hey Daisy." I said walking into the day room.

"Hey Clary." She replied.

"You seen Mary and Alice today?" I asked.

"I think I Alice was with Isaacs last I saw her." She said as she filed her nails. "Not sure about Mary. Maybe the music room. You know how she loves it in there. Playing on the piano and stuff." I frowned.

"Mary can't play the piano?" I said confused. Alice laughed.

"What are you talking about? Of course she can." Alice looked up at me. "You remember all the times she has played for us. Just two weeks ago she did Beethoven." I frowned again as I looked at Alice.

"Huh, right. How could I forget." I said, acting as though I had remembered. But I hadn't. Mary never played. I was feeling slightly worried for Alice. Maybe her delusions were getting worse. I walked away from Alice, hoping to find Mary to ask about it and so I went away to the music room. As I walked inside, I did immediately hear the music from the piano but was more caught up looking at the rest of the room, which was now a completely different colour. The music stopped as Mary walked over to me.

"What you looking at?" She asked.

"The room. When did they redecorate?" I asked.

"What do you mean? They haven't redecorated."

"Of course they have, the walls are red."

"They have always been red, C. Can't believe you didn't notice in all the time you've been here."

"Is this a joke or something?" I asked as I turned towards her. I then frowned.

"What do you-"

"Where's your doll?" I asked, cutting her off. "You never leave the room without it?"

"What doll? I'm 25, I don't have a doll." I began backing away from her. What the hell was happening? I turned around quickly and walked out the room. I ran along the hallway and down to the nurses office.