Two

All rights go to the amazing mind that is Cassandra Clare for all the characters in this story.

Clary's POV

"I want to talk to you today about when you first came here. We rarely talk about it but you very well know that this is an institution for the criminally... Challenged." Isaacs hesitated. I was with him in his office for my therapy session.

"Insane." I corrected. "Angel Peaks Asylum for the Criminally Insane." He smiled.

"I'm not sure I like the word." He paused. "I want to talk about the day you came here. Now, I know you don't like talking about it but, I feel after our latest sessions that we needed to." I looked up at him with a serious look.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He looked down before looking back up at me with a sigh.

"I don't feel that you're getting any better. After our last talk, I think things have even changed. More talk of demons. I'm worried." He explained.

"Is this because of what I said about me not understanding why they won't just kill me? Cause if it is, I didn't mean it in a way that meant I wanted them to kill me. Just that I didn't understand why they were playing with me. It's unusual for them."

"It's not just that Clarissa. It's the normalcy you feel when you talk about them. And I know about the voices you hear sometimes."

"Don't tell me, Daisy." I said with a feeling of betrayal. "Or did Mary let it slip?" If you're confused right about now, I understand. You see, I might be a demon killer and all around badass but we all have our flaws. Yes. I have a little voice in my head. And it sure isn't mine so I guess crazy is the reason.

"Does it matter?" He asked. "You didn't tell me about it. Kept it a secret."

"Well, they're friendly if that's what your worrying about." He smiled slightly in amusement.

"Well, we can talk about them another time but for now let's focus on one thing. So, what do you remember of that day?" He asked. I thought back. I could think so much more clearly now, I had been straight off of any drugs since that fight with the demon two days ago.

"Fire." I said.

"And before that?" He asked. I sighed.

"I remember doing it. Setting the care home on fire."

"And why did you do that?" He asked.

"There was one of them inside. I wanted to kill it."

"You know, I don't like you calling them that. Call them what they are." He said.

"There was a demon in there. So I set it alight. And I watched as it burned down." I said casually. He stared at me. He nodded.

"Were you happy at the care home?" He asked. I nodded.

"I guess... It was somewhere free to live. I was sent to countless amounts of homes, none exactly friendly. It was tough living in most of them places. You had to keep your things close to you if you wanted to keep them. I had to worry each night of the others in the house but I learnt to deal. I could hold my own, as you know. But yeah, when I was sent to that house, it was good, great compared to other places actually. I fit in quickly. Liked everyone but the demon was there. In my home. And so I tried to kill it. I don't know if it worked but I had to try." I lied smoothly. I did in fact know that fire wouldn't kill it. I even contemplated telling him about not having my blade with me at the time but I knew it would just raise more questions. I actually started the fire to slow it down. I had no other weapon and I had to try. "I made sure everyone was out of the place too. Didn't want to hurt anyone." He nodded at me.