5.

It was the day before Chris was leaving to shoot the Avenger's. Chris saw this day as his last day of a normal life. Half way through his filming scheduled Captain America was being released, so when he finally got home again, after all the filming and all the press for the three movies he had coming out this year, things were changing for him in what he saw as a drastic way. I'd taken the day off work so we could spend it together, then he had a dinner interview with a reporter from GQ doing a piece on him. After that he was having a party at a bar in the city to kind of give his old life a send off.

We were taking a run together, I was up on a garden wall that was about to end keeping pace with Chris who was below me on the footpath.

"Side aerial off." Chris called up to me.

I smirked. When I did free running I tended not to show off too much. I just quite liked climbing things quickly. I wasn't doing it to be showy. But Chris was so into the fact I could do parkour that I'd pretty much attempt anything he asked me to do. I never had people in my life who were really proud of me for things. All my passions in life weren't what my family wanted for me. So the fact this person who loved me so much showed actual pride in my abilities, it was like a drug to me.

I picked up my speed so I'd have the momentum I needed when I reached the end of the wall. I launched myself up and off the wall flipping sideways my legs spread like I was performing a cartwheel sideways mid air. When I landed without breaking my stride Chris applauded me. I felt like I was glowing.

There was the sound of clapping from across the road. "Nice one, professor." A male voice said.

I looked over and saw him crossing the road. It was him. Adam. The man who had tried to attack me. I stopped in my tracks.

"It's been a long time, professor." Adam said as he reached us. "How have you been?"

I stumbled back a little as he got near me. A second ago I was feeling nothing but warmth and love and now all I felt was terror. I looked up at Chris and he was smiling warmly at the guy. He had no idea who he was and he was about to shake the hand of the man who drugged me and had his fingers inside me. My mouth went dry. I tried to speak and no sound came out.

"You must be the elusive boyfriend." Adam said, extending his hand. "I had a chance with her too, you know? She's a bit of a firecracker."

Was he really standing here, tormenting me about trying to assault me? Was that actually happening right now? I snapped and launched at him. I don't know anything about fighting and I flew at him with my hands out, like I'd planned to claw him as if I was some kind of big cat. Chris' reflexes were too quick though and he caught me, holding me back.

"What the fuck, Em?" He said. He didn't say it in a 'what is wrong with you' way. More like he wanted to know what was the reason for my sudden rage and if I needed help.

"That's him." I stuttered, my voice cracking.

Chris looked at me confused.

"Oh, don't be like that." Adam groaned. "You know it was what you really wanted or why would you have showed up?"

And that was it. He knew exactly who it was. He snapped. He pushed me to the side and his fist flew through the air connecting with Adam's face. Adam fell to the ground and Chris kicked him in the side. He went to hit him again and I grabbed his arm trying to hold him back. East suddenly lost it as well. Reacting to Chris' mood, and I had to pull his lead tight and try and hold him back too.

"Please, Chris. No." I pleaded with him, trying futilely to pull him backwards.

He turned to me and the look on his face scared me. It was fury and sorrow mixed together. It broke my heart.