8.

I was in the car on the way to the studio where the Avenger's was primarily being shot in New Mexico. I'd finally finished my teaching load yesterday, and I was now on my way to spend Chris' birthday week with him. Gaby was in England signing contracts. So the guilt I had been feeling that I was leaving for the week so close to her leaving for good, was pushed aside and I was free to enjoy my time with my fiancé who I hadn't seen for a little over a month now.

The car pulled up directly next to Chris' trailer. He was standing outside it dressed in his full Captain America costume, cowl down, talking to Tom Hiddleston who was just wearing a white button up shirt and light blue dress pants. The new Cap uni was ridiculous. Who ever designed it was very married to the uniform in the comics. It looked hilarious in real life.

Chris darted over to the car as it pulled up and opened the back door, he looked in, a huge grin on his face. When I managed to get my seatbelt unbuckled he dragged me over to him by my legs and kissed me. I melted into him.

"Get out of the car, Em." Chris laughed when he finally released me.

"Tell the guy blocking me to get out of my way then." I giggled, pushing him away.

I climbed out of the car and Tom stepped over and embraced me. "Hello, darling. I've been hoping I'd get to see you again."

I blushed. "Hi, Tom."

Chris took my hand and looked at me a little guiltily. "Em, I have bad news. I've been told I'm going to be here until nine tonight. We've fallen behind."

I groaned. "What? No!"

He pulled me against his chest. "I know. It sucks. You probably should just go do something and I'll meet you back at the hotel. I mean, you can hang around if you want. I think you'd be able to come onto set."

I shrugged. "Not for nine hours. It's only interesting for a few." I leaned up and kissed him, then moved my mouth so it was pressed against his ear. "I'll work myself up waiting for you." I whispered.

Chris swatted me on the arse.

"Would you like to hang out with me, Emily? I'm done for today." Tom asked.

"Oh yes, please." I chirped. "I'm normally such a loner when I come visit Chris on set."

"Thanks, Tom. Take care of her for me." Chris said, patting Tom on the shoulder. "Alright, I better get back. Love you, babe. I'll see you tonight." He kissed me one last time and headed towards the studio door.

Tom had a car take us back to the hotel and I dropped my things off in Chris' room. We then went and grabbed some lunch. I found Tom so easy to be around. We seemed to have this instant connection and actually getting to explore that was really nice. In a weird way he reminded me of Gaby. He was sweet and nerdy, and funny without being crass. But he also didn't care that I was completely crass.

"I actually thought I was going to be done with acting. It was just becoming a bit irregular finding work. And now I'm Loki. It's been a blessing." Tom explained, telling me about how much he'd loved being Loki. "It's hard to know what will happen with all this. I've not had a chance to breathe and absorb it all, but I do love the character."

"He's an amazing character. You really are him, when you're him. Fuck, that sounds dumb." I shook my head.

"I understood what you meant, don't worry." Tom laughed reaching over the table and touching my hand. His long fingers slid over mine, and when he touched my engagement ring he suddenly snatched my hand. "Is that an engagement ring? Are you and Chris getting married?"

He sounded really excited and was almost bouncing in his seat. "He hasn't told you? God, that man!" I groaned. "Yep, we're getting hitched. Pretty exciting and also terrifying really." I held my hand out to him to show him the ring. He took to it and held it in his.