28.

The rest of the year was spent in Boston with Chris' family. My birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all passed with lots of love and fun and family, but there was nothing particularly notable about any of them. Just us being with the people who loved him best.

Chris had also had to go and do press in New York for 'What's Your Number'. So I spent that time just trying to get ahead with my paperwork without distractions.

We'd looked at a few houses, but nothing was jumping out at us as our family home. We couldn't decide where we should be either. I didn't know what I wanted to do for work, so I wasn't sure if we should aim for something close to the city or not. Chris was worse than me. He wanted to be in the city. Be out in the suburbs near his mum and also be upstate a bit with some land and woods so I could have the horse I'd talked about getting when I'd settled down.

Early into the new year Chris decided that we needed a 'Chris and Emily's plans for 2012' meeting as he liked to call it. 2012 was going to be kind of crazy as Chris had promotional tours for the Avengers and he had two movies lined up. There was also the whole getting married thing as well. I also finished up my work at UCLA. If that wasn't enough we were trying to buy two houses. Between us we were likely to be on planes all the time.

We sat at the kitchen table in his mum's house. Lisa was out visiting Carly. I had a coffee and Chris was prepared. He had this list to check off and a pile of paperwork.

"You were serious about this meeting then?" I asked looking at his pile of papers slightly bewildered.

"We need to get serious, Em. This year is gonna be crazy."

I slapped my hand down on the table. "First point of order!" I yelled.

"This is paperwork to get you put onto my bank accounts and for you to get your own credit card attached to it." Chris said sliding some paperwork over. "I had them highlight where you needed to sign."

Chest pains. Ow. I pushed the paperwork back. "Nope. That is not how you lead."

"I need you to be able to access the money so you can just book and pay for things without coming to me." He said pushing the papers back to me. "Em, why is this commitment stuff freaking you out so much?"

I picked up a pen and went through the papers signing where ever there was a highlighted space. "It's not the commitment. I'm fine with thinking of us together forever and ever and ever. It's the money. I don't trust myself with it."

Chris laughed like that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. "Miss rich-white-guilt thinks she'd be able to spend my whole net worth." Chris said leaning over and ruffling my hair. "Good luck to you, babe."

"I don't like thinking of myself being used to that kind of money though. Makes me uncomfortable." I said.

"I know. It was weird for me too. Still is."

I signed the last piece of paper and he put it back into his folder. "Next up is; I need you to pay off all your debt in Australia so we don't have that hanging over us."

"Okay. There isn't much to be honest. Just my HECS, which is like student loans only the tax department has it. I'm actually not sure how to go about paying that off in one go. I'll look into it. I already paid my credit card off." I said. "Next?"

"Next is harder." He looked at me slightly pained. "Em ..."

I took his hand and squeezed it. "Just say it really fast."

He gave me a half smile. "We need to talk about a prenup."

I laughed. "Oh, you nerd. It's fine. Of course we do."