16.

The following day was tough. Chris and I dropped Gaby off at the LAX international terminal to lots of hugs and tears. We then drove straight to the domestic terminal where I dropped him off too. I drove home, holding back tears, and hopped straight into the bath, and tried to just soak the sadness out of me.

Things went along smoothly for a week or so. After talking to my doctor I decided to switch birth control. I really didn't want to be beholden to coming back to see my OBGyn when we were ready to start a family. So I went onto the pill. I had a bunch of refills and only needed to see my GP when I needed to get more, which wouldn't be for a year anyway, and given I tended to see my GP more than that, it wasn't such a big deal.

I had given one of my papers to my supervisor, Phil to look over just before I'd spent the two weeks working from home while Chris was back in town. He came to see me about it on the Monday after Chris and Gaby had left town.

"This paper is phenomenal." He said "You're sure about the numbers?"

I laughed. "You know me, Phil. I do more than just quadruple check things. I have all my data here if you want to look it over."

"I think you need to rewrite it. I think this could go in Science. If not Science, then Nature. I wish I'd been more involved in the whole thing. I really wish my name was on it."

I was floored. Like seriously floored. "I – okay. I can do that." I stuttered.

"Seriously, Emily. This is groundbreaking. I know that there are previous papers that have hinted at this kind of conservation approach, but nothing has had such clear results before. The whole top down approach is quite popular too."

After he left I felt giddy for the rest of the day. I called Gaby as soon as it was a reasonable hour in England to do so and gushed to her. I then texted both Chris and Tom, both of whom were really excited for me, even though I'm not sure that either of them really knew how big of a deal that was.

A few days later I woke up to my phone having exploded with new followers and mentions on twitter. I opened up the app and it was insanity. Just loads of people calling me a slut and saying I wasn't worthy of Chris, or that Chris was a disgusting pervert. I had no idea what the hell had happened.

I started googling my and Chris' name and eventually found the problem. Oh my god, was it a problem. There was a thread on a forum that had posted the photo Chris had taken of me naked in front of a mirror so that not only was my full nudity showing, but also bruises from where Chris had hit me with his belt during one of our play sessions, and Chris, in a towel taking the photo. I felt like I was going to cry.

How could this have possibly happened? Was it a phone hack? The person who posted it didn't say how they got the photo. I just couldn't understand why they'd only have that one, there were lots of photos they could have taken. I immediately started deleting all the nude photos of Chris or myself from my phone.

I called Chris. He answered pretty quickly, he was only just getting to set. I told him exactly what had happened, letting my emotions get the better of me and sobbing loudly into the phone.

"Emily, it's going to be okay. We can deal with this."

"What if your mum sees it?" I sobbed.

"Don't worry about that. I'll tell her not to look. She won't judge you for this though. Okay? Trust me babe. This is alright."

It wasn't alright, by that afternoon some cheap celebrity gossip sites had published the photos. Super keen on the angle of Captain America being kinky. My twitter feed had gone berserk. I ended up setting it to private and going through and approving followers I knew personally. I would undo it later when I knew how to cope with this, but for now it was all I could think to do.