10

Rieka's P.O.V

     I sat in the car in a long silence. I was playing with the strings of my sleeves trying to advert my eyes anywhere but to him. My hair fell in front of my face giving me an extra layer of protection. We had only been driving for an hour and the man was starting to get anxious, he was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as a sign of his distress.

The man let out an annoyed sigh, " listen kid, are we going to talk? Or sit in a awkward silence for this entire trip?" He asked. I remained silent, I didn't know him, I didn't want to talk to him. "Okay, you know what, I'm going to talk, and you jump in when you feel like it" he offered. " Okay... random things to talk about. Well we haven't seen each other in what eleven years, and in that time, I was able to become alpha, and let me tell you, my dad with nothing to do, is like Freddy Krueger in a stadium of sleeping people. They just go crazy" He said. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who the hell is Freddy Krueger? I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my body against the door. He continued to talk. " Oh! And we're picking up my friends on the way there" He added.

    " Who?" I asked softly. He looked over with a little smirk.

   " My friends who are .. vampires, my uncle, your alpha, he doesn't want them running between the territories. So I made them stop their little adventures, so I could pick them up at a hotel and bring them back to my territory without any of them being decapitated. " He answered. "Their names are Kai, Scott, and Nick. They're complete dorks, I cant think of one time where they weren't either making someone laugh or trying to kill each other for their own amusement." Something about them made me anxious. I gripped the knees of my jeans. I didn't want to meet new people. I wanted to stay with alpha. But he said this would be good for me, and I trust alpha. I need to have faith in his decisions. I wanted my wolf. My heart skipped a beat at the thought. I missed her, it pained me not being able to talk to her. I missed her, her soft words that brought me hope. I regret hurting her, making her so weak she couldn't even do something so small as to talk to her person. Yet another person I hurt. I hadn't noticed that Cameron had kept talking. " - And I swear to god if I have to hear another person sing let it go or yell Andy's coming in the pack house again and everyone starts singing or they all drop, I'm going to have a mental break down" He continued.

     " Why are you so upset over random non-sense?" I wanted to ask, it wasn't like they were hurting anything but I kept my mouth shut. Instead, I interrupted him, and asked. " When do we pick up your friends?" I asked softly.

He looked over, a little shocked that I had asked that. " In like twenty minutes, I made them pick a hotel in my uncles territory. " He answered. " Why?" He asked. I didn't respond to his question. I just kept my grip on my knees and remained starring out the window. " Rieka?" He said calling over my attention. I ignored him. I wasn't one for disrespect but right now was not a moment in which I was willing to talk. I could feel the car slowing down, as he pulled off onto an exit ramp.

He let out a long sigh when I stiffened more. " Calm down kid, they wont hurt you" he reassured me.

     But I didn't believe him, I didn't know who I could trust other than alpha. He reached his hand over to touch my hand. As soon as his fingers brushed my skin, I gasped and jerked away. I held my hand tightly to my chest. My breathing raged. I kept my head down, my heart was racing. My hands were shaking. I could feel an echo of where he had touched my pale flesh. I leaned into the door more and curled away from him. He looked over at me and then back at the road.

      " What's wrong?" He asked worried to my current situation. " All I did was touch your hand" he said confused. He reached out to me again, but was only met with a pained whimper as his hand came close. He pulled into a parking lot of a gas station and turned to look at me. " Rieka, you can trust me. You know this, okay? You know I wont hurt you, I am not your father nor am I like the kids at your school. You have to trust me on this, okay? My uncle wouldn't just put you in the hands of someone he didn't trust, and I have promised to him and now you that I will protect you with my life" He said in a small rant upset by my behavior.