Chapter 16

I woke up around 1 in the afternoon. I couldn't believe I slept that long.
I thought about what happened last night; it gave me an instant headache.
   I got up and Karina was walking back and fourth talking on the phone. I couldn't tell what she was rambling about.
I sat on the couch, then Keyona and Nonya came down the stairs all dressed up.
"Where are you guys going?" I asked with a little smirk on my face
"I'm going to show Keyona around L.A., and then Blanca (celebrity,Blanca Bernice,close friends toNonya) is having this together lunch with some friends, so we're going, and later on tonight-"
"Okay, okay, don't fill me in on all the fun stuff y'all are doing today, I'm too depressed." I say cutting Nonya off
"Awe babe, I'm sorry. I heard bits of pieces of what happened. Want to fill me in?" Nonya says, sitting on the couch next to me.
Keyona stood in front of me waiting for some answers as well.
"Uh, no go have fun."
"Naomi come on-"
"No go have fun. Don't worry about me, I'll still be here when you come back I'll let you know everything."
"Alright." Nonya says putting her hands up.
"If you insist that I wait..." she rolled her eyes, got off the couch and start heading towards the door; Keyona follows her out.
"Love you!" I yell
"Whatever!"
As soon as they leave Karina hangs up, looks at me, then sighs.
"What?" I ask
"I just got off the phone with my baby fathers mom. She wants me to go out there and stay with her for a little bit."
"When?"
"Tonight..."
"Tonight?! How are you leaving tonight?!"
"Naomi I have to see my kids. She also told me there's been another female coming around and-" Karina starts to tear up
"I just can't deal with the stress. Everything that I've planned for my business is going to be pushed back and I just...have to see my kids."
I understood where she was coming from.
She hasn't seen her kids in months and now she's hearing that someone that she'd been with almost her whole life might be moving on to someone else.
On top of all of that Karina has been acting as a part time manager, while my actual manager ,Marcus, manages me part time as well, from another state.
"Ok well it's ok. Go to Atlanta, get things sorted out. I'll give Marcus a call and have him pick up some of the slack."
"I'm sorry Naomi, but just can't, I ca-" Karina stops and crouches of the ground crying
"Okay Karina, okay. Come get up. You've got some packing to do."

Later that night...

Karina gets in the uber, and the driver drives off.
She didn't take many things with her. Just the important stuff. While packing she was so anxious on leaving, she didn't care about leaving much behind.

I waited until was out of plain sight before going back in the house.
Wow I'm going to miss her...
Now that Karina's gone, as well as Keyona and Nonya, I kept thinking about last night.
I picked up my phone and seen 10 missed calls, and 3 text messages from Keith.
I ignored it and just called my manager. Maybe if I just focused on business, it'll keep my mind of things...

"...and she got all her stuff, and she's gone. You've got to pick up the slack." I say finishing explaining what happened to Marcus
"Ok that's fine, but it's how funny you want to call me and want me to take over, after your sister leaves. Mmm." He says jokingly
Me and Marcus have known each other since high school. When I started to get "big", I guess you can say, he became my manager. My sister somewhat took over because she thought he was unfit. But he never did a bad job managing me.
"...But it makes me happy to know that I get to take over, so we'll just get right to business...but first, let me tell you about this nigga..."
Marcus is also gay. He doesn't act like the "common gay male". So first time meeting him, you would've never know he was gay unless he told you.

9:45 pm
Me and Marcus got off the phone after talking for about 2 hours. We caught up on a lot, but I didn't tell him about Keith. I wanted to, but me and Keith aren't on good terms. I'm still extremely upset and confused on what happened last night. I honestly don't have anything nice to say about him at the moment.

Nonya and Keyona walk in...

"You guys are home early." I say to them
"We've been out since like one it's almost 10." Nonya says taking off he heels, rubbing her feet
"Please. You two, together, coming home any sooner than three am, is a shocker."
"Shut up." Nonya says rolling her eyes
Keyona went upstairs as soon as she walks in. I guess to use the bathroom.
I can see her walking towards Karina's room at the top of the stairs.
"Where's Karina? There's barely nothing in her drawers."
"Um..." I started, sitting on the couch "She left."
"What do you mean she left?" Keyona and Nonya asked in unison
"She left to Atlanta..."
"What do you mean left to Atlanta?!" Nonya asked
"Nonya she had to see her kids. And she was told Javion was with another female."
"So she just picked up and left?!" Nonya asked
"How do you just up and leave without telling me?! This is our house, so what I'm just left with the responsibilities of all of it?!"
Nonya's face turned really red.

   "I came down here because of her! How do you just leave? Unexpectedly?" Keyona asked

"Look y'all are mad at the wrong person...I'm sure she'll call when she lands and explain."
"Fuck her and that phone call." Nonya shooing her hand up walking away
"It's for her kids Nonya."
"I understand that. Those kids are my niece and nephew, but she still has responsibilities here that needs to be taken care of, what the hell! And she doesn't even say anything! Like really a text takes two seconds!"
  I stay quiet
"You know what forget this I'm going in the shower."
Nonya goes upstairs.

Keyona ties up her hair and sits in front of me on the floor.
"She'll be fine." She starts
"I'll give Karina a call tomorrow, but on to you." She says poking my leg
"What?" I ask her
"Have you talked to Keith."
"No. I don't plan on talking to him either." I say with attitude
"You can't avoid him, and you can't stay here forever. You have a huge house, with him in it. Waiting for you..."
I look down at my ring he gave me.
I admired it.
I stared at it for a minute...then I see the ring had slightly bent, because of the scuffle we got into last night.
All the feelings I had last night came rushing back to me.
"Now you know y'all are gonna to get right back together Naomi." Keyona says placing her hand on top of mine.
I move away and slide the ring off my finger and placed it on the glass coffee table in front of me.
"No...I don't." I sigh "I need you to pick up a few things from me at my house. I'm staying a here a little longer..."

••••••••