Chapter 30

After Keyona hung up on Nonya, she sat in the car contemplating whether or not to tell Naomi about the theory she came up with. But after thinking about what happened between her and Keyona, she decided not to say anything until she had actual proof. All she thought Naomi was going to do was tell her to mind her business, and they too, would end up not talking. For now she was just going to act normal until she figured out what to do.

Nonya's P.O.V.
I knocked on the door, then Marcus opened it greeting me, telling me to come in. I see Naomi in the couch talking on the phone.
"Ok, love you too. Bye." She says before hanging up
"Who was that?" I asked
"My mom. Thought I'd give her a call since I haven't spoken to her in weeks."
"What did she say?" I ask
"Ha! Kind of got cursed out because she's been trying to get a hold of me. I've been so caught up in my own crazy life I haven't got a chance to actually sit and talk to my own mom." She said grimly
"Mhm, yeah shame on you."
"Shut up." She says rolling her eyes
"So, have you spoke to your brother." I ask raising my brows
"No, what's going on with him?"
"Maybe if you gave him a call or replied to any of his text or calls, you'd know." I say with an annoyed grin
"Now you know damn well Sebastian only reaches out to you to see how everyone is doing. He's so anti social."
"Lies Naomi! Lies! Check your phone." I tell her

She sighs heavily, opening up her phone, tossing it to me.
"He doesn't call." She says
I go through her phone and pull up their messages.
"Oh yeah? What's this?"
I show her multiple text from him  trying to get a hold of her.
"It's says here "I called you three times, pick up!" Care to explain?" I ask her
   She stands up and snatches her phone.
"Okay, okay! You're right but you know what I've been going through."
"Mhm. Well anyway...Sebastian is having a get together, and he's bringing his girlfriend to meet us, now when are you going to speak to Key?" I say quickly
"Woah, woah hold up. What meet up? When was this planned?" She asked
   "He told me and Key on the phone yesterday. We were texting, it's probably going to be at my house."

"Oh cool. I'm so excited to meet his girlfriend! He never brings his girls around."
"Yeah true. This is a first." I added
"Me and Sebastian can go on double dates and shit with our boos! So cute!" She says giggling

I roll my eyes so hard, they could have gotten stuck.

"Oh don't worry you can come too! With Clinton."
"Mmm." I say smile another annoyed grin
"What is it Nonya?" She asked irritated face
"Nothing." I respond  

She's so crazy Keith, I don't know how she's going to take it when she finds out about his dirty little secret.

"Alright Naomi, let's go." I say standing up
I grab her arm pulling her up.
"What do you mean let's go? Where are we going?" She ask confused
"We're going back to my house. You need to speak to your sister!"

Naomi's P.O.V.
Nonya literally dragged me out the building to her car.
"You're not getting out of this one." She says to me
"I was going to speak with Keyona, but I rather do it over the phone."

Nonya looked at me as if she wanted to smack the living hell out of me.
"Really? Over the phone?"
I stayed silent.
"No. You're going to speak face to face and make up, and don't let Keith dumb ass get in the middle of you two anymore!" She says starting up her car
"Keith made a dumb mistake, but he's not dumb." I say defending him

We arrive to Nonya's house, and before heading in the door she stops me.
"Ok Naomi, I-"
"I don't need a pep talk Nonya, just go."
Nonya sighs and opens up the door.

As we walk inside, Nonya calls out for Keyona.
She comes out the dining room area, placing down a broom and a dust pan as if she were cleaning.
"What's up?" Keyona says
But nooo, she wasn't talking to me. She said it to Nonya, she didn't even acknowledge my presence.

Nonya takes a step back to where she's facing the both of us.
"Go ahead and talk. I'll be upstairs. Hopefully you two are mature enough not to start swinging on each other like a bunch of middle schoolers."

After Nonya goes upstairs, and me and Keyona stand there in awkward silence for about a minute.
"Let's go in the living room." Keyona says

We both go in the living room and sit on the couch. She sits facing towards me and I study her face.
"Damn. Did I do that?" I say to myself
When I saw her eye it literally made me feel sick to my stomach.
I really inflicted bruises on my sister. My blood! I grew up with this girl! We're closer in age then my other siblings, and growing up we were literally attached by the hip. Despite our slight drift in our relationship because of our pill addiction, and our fight, she's like my best friend. I caused pain to someone I love, physically and emotionally. I don't want to argue with her anymore. This needs to end. Fuck my pride.
"I'm sorry Key." I say tearing up touching under eye with my thumb
Her face softened.
"I didn't mean...for this to happen, I don't want to argue."
Tears we're falling down my cheeks.
"I should've stuck up for you and believed you, and I never should've...put my hands...on you I'm...sorry."
I was taking small gasp of air as I was apologizing to her. Trying to talk while crying is the hardest thing ever.
"No I'm sorry." She starts "I shouldn't have disrespected you and Keith's  relationship, and I shouldn't have...lunged at you. But you made me...angry. Like how can someone you're close with...who's your blood, take up for someone else who is so...wrong. But I forgive you. I'm over it"
At this point we were both crying.

We both lean in for a hug and we don't let go for a minute. We just sat there on each other's shoulders crying like a couple of babies.
"Look at us." Keyona says wiping her face as she leans back up
"I know!" I say chuckling

Nonya comes down stairs with a huge smile on her face.
"Awe you guys made up!"
"Yeah." Me and Keyona say in unison
"Please, you two, don't ever fight again, because next time I won't break it up. I will let you two go at it, and I got my money on Key next time."
We all started laughing.
"No we won't fight ever again! We may argue, but that's ok, but no physical altercation."
"Yeah absolutely. And Keith is willing to apologize as well." I say to Keyona

Keyona awkwardly looks at Nonya, then at me, back at Nonya, then looks back and me again.
"Uh...um, that's ok. There's no need. I know he didn't mean it."
"But I think you guys should talk-"
"Nope, nope that's not uh...necessary...it's fine." She says cutting me off
"Uh, okay. I guess we're all good now." I say lying

I know things aren't all good.
Keyona body language when I said Keith's name was strange.
Is there something that they know that they're not telling me...

••••••••