Chapter 21

Naomi's P.O.V.

   I packed the little bit of stuff I had at my sisters house, I decided to go to a hotel. I couldn't be there after what had happened.
Today I have to meet up with my manager at lunch...and that guy I said I'll hook Nonya up with, is supposed to be coming too. My manager and him happen to be friends, so I told him to bring him along, and I'll bring Nonya so they can meet.
*text to Nonya*
"Hey Nonya? Lunch today?"
"Seriously?" She responds
"Um...yes?"
"You're seriously going to forget what happened last night? You just up and leave and don't tell anyone where you're going? And act like everything is all fine? "Oh hey let's go to lunch today?" Like what the hell Mimi?!"
Clearly she's pissed.
"Can you please just meet me. There's someone I want you to meet."
"I honestly can't even forgive you for what you said to Keyona. Like are you seriously picking a guy over family?! Keyona would never lie about something like that!"
"I really don't want to talk about this right now. We can save this for another time. But, I do apologize for my actions as well as making you upset for what I did last night. Anyways, we can talk deeper into this later. Now can you just please meet me?"
"I don't know...I'll see."
"Lunch is at 1:00, at Omar's Cuisine so be there...please."

Nonya stopped texting me back after that. Hopefully she'll meet up with me in about an hour. But now I'll just get ready.

1:05
I arrive at Omar's and spot Marcus on the outside dining area. I walked to part around to get to where he was.
"Hey Marcus!" I say walking towards him
He stands up, hugging me
"Hey baby, I missed you girl!"
"Missed you too! So how are you?" I say sitting across from him
"Girl same old, same old."
"What about you? How are you doing?"
I sigh.
After everything I've been going through, I haven't actually had another individual ask me how I'm doing.
I think I'm ok but I actually am not...
For starters, I'm back to where I was before, 4 years ago as far as my relationship, but worse. I haven't been making moves for my career. I'm usually out everyday day going from place to place, and busy, but the only thing I've been busy with is fighting with Keith and being depressed, I fought my own blood, Keyona pretty much hates me, I haven't spoken to my mom and dad in almost 2 months, nor any of my close friends from back home except Marcus, but this is our first time speaking in months! My sister and half manager just up and left to Atlanta out of the blue. Times like this is when I need her, and she's not even here! My sister Nonya is mad at me, and last of all I don't even know how my brother is doing or what he's up to. I miss talking to him terribly, he can damn well be dead for all I know but I'm to caught up in my own chaotic life!
And here I am thinking everything is fine, but it took at one question for me to realize that...I'm not ok. I'm broken.
I break down.
"I'm not ok Marcus." I say placing my face in my palms balling
"Hey, hey, hey! What wrong? What happened?"
"Life is what happened!"
"Hey look Naomi, just calm down. You don't want people out here seeing you break down and it getting in the blogs and stuff."
"Who cares! Who cares about me?! No one! I haven't been making moves. I haven't been in any blogs in weeks because I haven't been doing shit with my life! If you count being stressed out as something, then I guess I've been doing a whole lot of that! Money isn't coming in like it used to! I'm in a nutshell. I'm so stressed, you just don't understand." I say crying more
"Ok..." Marcus lift up my face patting my tears with a napkin
"Why don't you tell me what happened?"
I pull myself together and explain everything! Down from the first time I met Keith, the encounter with Nova, to him hitting me, for real, all the way up to where I am now.
"I can't take it no more, I...am...tired!"
"Well it seems like all of this stress, and sadness your feeling is because of Keith. You're hurting because of him, I mean for god sake he put his hands on you!" He says looking at my concerned
I shook my head slowly
"Well I'm not going to tell you to leave him, because at the end of the day it's you choice, but you do need a break from him, to get your life back on track. You can work on your relationship with your family, because that comes first, then we can talk business."
"I can't focus on any of that while Keith is at the house and Keyona is at sisters' place. She hates my guts."
"She doesn't hate you Naomi."
"No...you don't get it...she does, she really does." I say tearing up
"Come to my condo."
"Condo?"
"Yeah I was going to tell you I moved out here so I can manage you. It's always best to be as close to your clients as possible."
"Really? You moved out here for me?"
"Yes we've been tight since high school. I got you."
I sigh in relief "Thanks Marcus. Really thank you. I just want to get away from all the madness."
"Anything else you want to talk about?"
"Let's talk business. I know family come first but I don't want to think about that right now."
"Ok so-"
Marcus gets cut off by a tap on his shoulder. "Oh hey man! What's up!" Marcus and the other guy dap each other up.
"Hello, how you doing? My name is Clinton remember?"
"Yes I do. I'm Naomi-"
"Neé? Yeah I know." He says chuckling

When I tell you this man was so gorgeous! He look better now then he did at the club in Houston.

Nonya might like me right now, but she's going to love me when she she's him...if she comes.

Me and Marcus talk a little business, then him and Clinton spoke, then we all spoke about random things. It was good conversation that I needed because it put my mind off of everything that was stressing me out.

It's about 2:30 and my sister still hasn't shown up, and we already started eating.
"Ugh where is she?!" I say to myself
Marcus hears me
"Who? Nonya?" He mouths to me
I shook my head yes.
"Don't worry she'll come." He says low
Marcus looks up and points "Oop! There she goes."
Nonya looks up and waves to Marcus and looks at me giving me a fake smile. She makes her way around the restaurant to where we were.
"Hi you guys." she says pulling her chair back
"It's two-thirty, I almost thought you wouldn't show up." I say looking up at her
"Mm." She's says with another fake smile
Clinton stands up out of his chair and reaches for a hand shake.
"Hello. I'm Clinton."
"Yeah hello I remember you."
She say blushing
They made deep eye contact when they shook hands, and smirked at each other. Like those little couples that are on the low. It was so cute.
Nonya looked over at Marcus breaking the silence.
"Hey Marcus, how have you been?" Marcus was looking at both of them back and fourth.
"Uh...y'all know each other?"
"Um sort of." Clinton said first
"Kind of." Nonya said after him
"I met these two at the club. I was trying to work my magic on this one." He said pointing at Nonya
"...but ya know. She was all anti social."
Nonya starts giggling like a little school girl.
"Oh please, I wasn't. The music was just too loud."
"Mhm. Ok. Well I've been good girl. I see y'all will be too."
They looked at each other and smiled.

For the next 35 minutes or so we all had drinks, ate a little more and spoke about life.
We all left the restaurant at the same time, Nonya and Clinton exchanged numbers, and we said our goodbyes and went out separate ways.
Nonya and I walked in the same direction to get back to our cars.
As we're walking she locked arms with mine.
"So Naomi, thanks for inviting me yo lunch, I had a good time..."
"Because of Clinton...I know." I say her her
"Well yeah that and I had convo with you and Marcus too."
"Mm."I say mocking her as she did to me
"Ok now we need to speak on the situation with Key."
She says walking in in front of me making me stop.
"I spoke to Karina, and both of our moms..."
"Ugh Nonya really? I understand Karina but why did you have to bring our moms in it?"
"I had to tell them the situation. It was too extreme not to. I told them not to tell dad though."
"How do you except this not to get back to dad?!"
"Look that's besides the point. They all said you two need to talk to out before time goes by, and y'all try to avoid it and not address it at all. Because this family is known for that." She says chuckling
"As much as I believe that, I also think we need as much time apart from each other as possible. We just got finishing fighting like we were in the street not even twenty-four hours ago."
"But-"
"And when I run my fingers through my hair, chunks of it is coming out! I'm still not over it! It's too soon."
"Naomi...just follow me back to the house, say what you have to say, let her say what she has to say, and that's it. Just at least address and come to some sort of an agreement."
"What agreement?!"
"That both of you were wrong!"
I let out a deep long sigh, followed with a loud grunt.
"Fine. Whatever. Get in your damn car, I'll follow you."
Nonya smiles in relief, relaxing her shoulders.
"Thanks you!"
We both hope in our cars, and I follow Behind Nonya.

Are we really going to talk things out, or am I'm just walking into another altercation.

••••••••