Chapter 20

Mary's POV

The alarm rings at 8 AM, causing me to pull myself out of bed. It's time for Celia's feeding. 

Thankfully my office has granted me a 3 month maternity leave, so I have plenty of time to take care of her. Personally I think that it should be longer, but I gotta be happy with what I have. Besides, I have almost 2 more months with her.

With a yawn and stretch of my body, I put on a bath robe and walk to her room.

Celia is already up, but she isn't crying. From the stories that Eva told me, her daughter was a very quiet baby. And a very obedient one as well. Kevin was well...the exact opposite. No surprise there.

"Good morning, babygirl.", I pick her up over my head and bring her down to my level so I can plant a soft kiss on her cheek,"Thanks for giving mommy and daddy an okay sleep last night."

She reaches over with her chubby, little arms and covers my eyes with her soft palms.

Oh how I wish Kevin were here. But sadly, they don't offer paternity leaves at the bar. And if they did, he wouldn't be paid at all. Although I'm not making my complete salary during my leave at work, they did give me enough to get by easily with Celia.

He does come home earlier every day. 

However, I do have a feeling that it's because he's snuck out every time.

Even if he gets caught by his boss, which I'm sure he has by this point, Kevin is a very charming person. And he's a good talker. 

Contrary to popular belief even in our modern society, people with Antisocial Personality Disorder have amazing social skills. The name is just a bit ironic.

Anyways, even if Kevin was caught, he probably charmed his way into keeping his job. I don't underestimate him anymore. I've already made that mistake too many times in my life.

I feed Celia in my rocking chair that I've placed beside her bed and begin to think of many things all at once.

At first it just starts off with my chores with Celia, but then it ends up going back to my high school relationship with Kevin.

I've actually been thinking about it so much lately. 

We were together for 8 months before he went on his massacre. But being with Kevin, he makes sure his time is well spent.

Just being in the same room as him was an adventure in itself considering he'd find some way, any way, to do something reckless if he had felt the need to.

He prompted me to partake in some of his deeds, but nothing too bad. I suppose I've always been a bit innocent in his eyes for as long as we were together. Come to think of it, I probably still am.

But it's not the innocent with the negative connotations surrounding it.

If anything, it seemed as if he was amused by my innocence. 

The most memorable event was when we went bridge jumping past midnight. It wasn't exactly legal, and it took a lot of persuasion, but I ended up jumping. The bridge itself was about 20 feet high, but I always trusted Kevin with my life.

Call it naivite, but he was an amazing boyfriend. It wasn't the sappy, cliche romance that we had. 

It was much more mature. Much more intellectual and passionate. It was honestly as if we've always been a married couple. Even back then.

The only memories that revolt me are all of the ones that involve Lenny Pugh. 

Ugh.

Everyone in school thought that he and Kevin were best friends. But that was far from the truth.