Chapter 7 (Reuniting Sisterhood)

I tried to hold my anguish inside. I can't show emotion. Tears streamed from my face. At least I'm alone. But it was cold, lonely. Yet again, as though my life was a vicious repeating cycle, I felt utterly alone.
      "Hurts, doesn't it?" Ethan's voice boomed behind me. I turned in utter anger. "The feeling of everything being ripped away from you," Ethan spoke as if he knew from experience. "The dread, a lifetime of loneliness. Of everything you held onto, the very moment you realize it's just... gone." He looked into my eyes as his voice quivered, on the verge of crying. "When everything just slipped away. Like time didn't even care. The feeling of lost hope. The feeling of never wanting to get back up. The feeling that everyone had left in the end, only to be utterly alone."
      I couldn't help but to look in sympathy. I thought my life was bad... but I never had really thought about Ethan.
      "But what do I know about that?" Ethan started to chuckle and grin, changing my mood very quickly. "Poor pathetic Sam. Afraid of big brother?" He said mockingly. He started to laugh hysterically, his tears of anguish turning into tears of joy when seeing me suffer.
      Now's my chance. I ran with my vampire speed to rip into his jugular. He yelled out in pain, trying to shove me away. Eventually, he got smart enough to stab me with a blade. I backed away, tearing the blade from my stomach. But I froze.
      His blood was the most amazing taste... it was like I was loosing consciousness. The smell was almost as good as the taste. He was on the ground, holding his neck. It looked as if he knew. He looked up at me, fearful. As if afraid I had found out his secret.
      Then, suddenly, someone bashed a large rock on my head from behind, and I flicked out like a light switch.

*********

      I awoke in a familiar  environment. On hard, stone floor. I stood up, seeing a skeleton flown about. I found the rotten wooden door out, on the front lawn of the house. I looked across the yard, noticing a well. My dream might just be happening, I thought to myself, walking over to examine the well.
      I turned around after feeling someone's presence. And sure enough.... I tried to run, but the same, repetitive cycle occurred. All was the same, up until the dead zombie looking thing vanished, in mid air. I ran the opposite way from which it came from, realizing that this time, it was not a dream.
      I ran into someone's body standing on the grass, as I landed on my ass, surely bruising it. I looked up, seeing Satan. I stood up, speaking right in his face, agitated. 
      "What the hell is going on?" I yelled hysterically. But his eyes were different. They had violet and bright blue flames flickering in the normally ember pupils. Suddenly, he grabbed my head, and snapped my neck like a twig. The sharp pain bursted through my spine, as I fell to the hard ground.

*********

      I woke up, gasping for air. I sat up, and before doing anything, cracked my aching neck. What a dick. I can't believe he snapped my neck.
      As I arose from the place at once I sat, taking in the view. I was in the old house again. The skeleton was yet flown across the room. I knelt down, taking a look, coming to realize, the body had been my mother. She should've been dust by now, yet her witch herbs and spell's magic lingered about, as if cascading her remains.
      I jumped as something bashed on the door once. I walked over to the door, looking outside of the door window. I saw nothing, and shook my head in despair. Now I'm paranoid.
      I turned to check out more of the house. Yet, a knife plunged into my stomach. The sharp pain shot my nerves near by the wound. The knife burned, as well. There was poison on the blade. Poison for supernatural creatures. I had researched about it, yet never experienced one. Or one who possesses such things.
      I fell to my knees, feeling myself dying from the inside. I couldn't breathe, as though there was a weight on my lungs. All that came out were gasps and gags, along with whimpers that were just not enough.
     "Fancy meeting you here," Ethan smiled as though we had an annual anniversary going on. "You know, I felt the pain that you're feeling right now over and over again. For centuries. Not only physical," he said, looking down at me triumphantly. "And I would have never had felt that pain if you had saved me!" He spoke, screaming out on the last four words.
      "Ethan... I couldn't help you," I tried to say, yet gagged a couple times.
      "Well, no. Not for Samantha. Everything's just one big laugh, isn't it? Is that what you two thought? I was some clown to laugh at in its natural habitat?" Ethan stared into my eyes, tearing up. "I lost everything because of you. Everything! And yet, you're still the good guy. You're still the Chosen One. You're no different than I, Sam. You kill people too," Ethan yelled hysterically at first, which turned into a helpless whisper.
      "Then it shows. You have a good side," I said, breaking the sympathetic moment. Yet, Ethan started to laugh hysterically, getting louder and louder.
     "Maybe back then," he said, waving his hand in dismissal. I raised my eyebrows at him, indicating that he was wrong. He then looked at me in rage.
      "I kill and have no regrets for what I've done. I have no good side!" Ethan screamed as I felt his spit hit like pellets upon my face. At that, I fell to the ground, my life crumbling away. I looked away from Ethan, forcing myself to see something other than him. He walked away, as I lay there to rot, beside Mother's skeleton.