Chapter 15 (You Should've Listened To Me)

"Fired, Viberant. I was fired." I was trying to hold it together, knowing that Viberant would freak out with the fact that "Samantha's not happy".
"I didn't even try."

"But you still got fired," Viberant started, as I almost jumped over the dinner table to strangle him.

"I'm sorry that I won't take bull shit!" I yelled, to which Samantha gave me a dirty look.

"Please not at the dinner table, Sam," she said, looking down at her plate, as though disappointed.

"Yeah, says you. You trust her, don't you?" I questioned, watching Samantha for any reaction what's so ever.

"Sam, enough. Now eat your food, and get some energy," Viberant said, picking up his silverware. I jumped up from my seat, and leaned over to Samantha. It's time to lay it straight.
"You're gonna get us killed one day. I hope you know that." Samantha tossed about her food as though she didn't want it, looking down upon it. Before Viberant interrupted me, I threw a hand in front of his face to shush him.

"Trusting people. Letting people in, Samantha. That's when you get hurt. I'm sorry, but I don't like getting hurt. And quite frankly, I don't like dying either. But it doesn't matter what I say. I'll never get it through your thick skull. You don't understand. And by the time you do, we'll all be dead."

After I successfully made my point, I threw the chair aside, and stormed out of the dining room.

**********

As Sam and I paced through the hallways, trying to find our first class, I was feeling a bit frantic inside. Maybe this place isn't for me, a tiny voice spoke in the back of my mind.
Yet, I pushed away the negativity. I have to stay strong. I have to find happiness in life, otherwise there will be no point in living.

As soon as we found our first class, as I was about to sit down at a desk, Sam, so rudely, pushed me aside and plopped down in the seat. I glared at her, as she smirked, toothpick half way hanging out of her mouth.

I made my way to another seat, and when seated, I checked out the environment. The people here did not seem as friendly as the town's people. Of course, this was Kinsley, not Fife Lake. The people here seemed some what cocky, as though they never had seen everything when on their own battlefield. Almost like Sam....

I practically jumped out of my chair when hearing a loud siren. A fire alarm? I assumed so. I had never heard one, but the fire alarm in this classroom was blinking, alongside pulsing in my eardrums.

Next thing I knew, Sam was pulling me out of the school, alongside everyone else. Once outside, we could already see, smell, and hear the school burning. Half of the building was in flames.

As Sam and I stared in shock, Sam came close to my face, only to whisper, "Pollina." As I looked into the fire, there was a vague human form. It was definitely Pollina. It looked as though she was in the fire, facing directly towards us.

"Another villain walks right into our lives, and you let them in," Sam spoke directly into my ear. "This is a warning." Sam was staring into the distance at Pollina. "Way to go, Samantha." She glared at me, and then vanished, leaving me alone in the world once again.

**********

Outrageous. Samantha was such an idiot to even think for one second that anyone would want to be her friend. Now Samantha's broken me. She's pushed me so far that I am now going for Viberant Dawn to help. It's all Samantha does. She makes life miserable.