Chapter 21 (Our Savior)

"Things really went to hell while I was gone," Satan said, chuckling at his own pun. "Looks like you could all use a hand." Satan held his hands in the air, and stuck them into his jean pockets, saying flat out 'no help here' through the simple movement.

"Put your hands in the air, and get over there with all the other freaks," one officer yelled out to Satan, pointing his gun at him. (Which is truly deemed useless pointed at the Devil.) It seemed Satan had become careless, or sure that his life wasn't at risk. He and all of his gang stood on our side, which is supposed to be his opposing side. It seemed all wrong. Satan should be where the police were, and the police should be at our side.

We're the good guys. We're the ones trying to help Earth and all of the pitiful things inside. We are the ones everyone wanted to be. We have a purpose. Or maybe I had it all wrong....

"I am truly sorry, my children," a loud, boaming voice that vibrated my rib cage spoke. His glorious light shined upon us as the police looked up in amazed horror. "I had believed you could save the people, yet the people seemed threatened by your existence. Therefore, this cannot go on."

I stared up in confusion. My mind was buzzing at each questionable thought in my head. What was the Spirit planning to do? Why doesn't Satan seemed moved what's so ever? And why does the Spirit's 'wife' keep grinning every time terrible things happen?

"All of you must die."

All of the Chosen Animals started to mumble, as though questioning each other. Even Blackie frantically looked upon Satan as though he would speak the truth. Ethan, as always, stood impossibly and emotionlessly still, as though the news did not touch him.
"It's either my creation of the human race, or my precious Chosen Ones. The entire reason for the Chosen Ones was to protect the human race from the destruction. One Chosen One must take down the monster. One of the Chosen Ones, in the future, will step up, and become the most powerful Chosen One. The one who takes down Satan once and for all."

"So what's the point for all the others?" I had no authority to question the Spirit, but I couldn't contain my curiosity any longer.

"It is up to all of you who shall be the best. You Chosen Ones will soon fall, causing ones around you to shake. My dearest Sam, you are the only Chosen One in history that I believe does not need a True Love." The Spirit then broadly smiled upon me.

"Why would Chosen Ones need True Loves?" Viberant questioned, pulling Samantha closer towards him.

"Because all Chosen Ones have either fallen, or will fall. They need to understand what love truly is before expressing it to others. Without their True Love, the ones that I choose do not know how to express their love." The Spirit became serious in his most recent statements. "Satan, do not get too comfortable. Those you have made enemies with have the chance of being chosen. And you know what that means..."

Satan actually seemed fearful. He looked up at the Spirit as his giddy smile faded. "There are some out there that are even superior to you. Some that you've locked away for centuries in never ending torture."

I tried to wrap my mind around the thought that someone could be more powerful than the Devil. I have to find out what's in the mirrors. Maybe what's in there could actually grasp a hold of him.

"And Ethan, I take pity upon you. You were taught no differently than to be a monster. Maybe in the future, someone could heal you from your wounds."

Ethan looked up at him, and shockingly flipped God the bird!
"I understand why you feel that way. But with Satan, you will never heal. You are simply digging deeper into your skin, which makes you believe that we are your enemy."