Chapter 9 (Lost a Friend, Gained an Enemy)

Samantha, Sam, and myself were all finally at home, on the couch. Unfortunate for Ethan, his plan to destroy the world had failed. The Glass Rose myth was exactly that. A myth. Apparently, all the lies about the Glass Rose were actually true, just in another glass object called the "Glass Unicorn". The name was stupid and typical, and the obvious reason for that name was because it literally had a unicorn carved inside of the glass. All of the information may be shit, coming from the Chosen Animals. But either way, we were fucked.
     "So, Viberant," Sam spoke as she plopped down lazy like of the sofa, glancing at Samantha and I when she sat. "If we're just going to squeeze you into our lives, I want to know your life story. And you know ours, somehow, so it's only fair."
      "I don't know about that...." I said, trying to stall the situation. I didn't want them to know. They may possibly think that I'm an Enemy, or worse... sympathy.
      "Viberant, I will not allow you to waltz right into our lives knowing everything and expecting us to know nothing. Talk to us," Sam said, trying to lay back on her normally bitchy self.
      "Back when I was born, back in B.C.E, my mother didn't want me. She had been intimate with a demon, and had hoped that her baby wouldn't be demonic," I said, as Sam flinched when I said the word "demonic". As if she could relate.
      "I went to hell, because I was a demon. There is was trained by Satan, when he realized that I was the strongest demon, he put me at his right hand," I said, watching Sam's facial expression change to cautiousness. "I'm now number one demon, and once I realized that Satan was going to try to use me to kill the Chosen Ones, I vanished. He kept Ethan a secret from me, for I could never know that Ethan was his best comrade."
      I left out the part of all the pain and torture that I had to go through to get the power that I have. I honestly don't need their pity. If I wanted pity, then all I had to do was look up at the sky, and talk to this "God" that every other lunatic in town imagined.
      "Well, isn't this pitiful," our enemy said from behind, as if reading my mind. We all stood up from the couch at the same time, Sam and Samantha on my sides, as if our fighting stance. Ethan stood on the other side of the couch, grinning at us deviously.
      Satan then came walking up beside Ethan, also grinning. "Look, we just want to talk. Sit," Satan said friendly like. Although, he was no friend of ours. They both walked towards us and sat on our couch, waiting  for us to sit as well. We all slowly sat, ready to jump at any move they made to attack.
      "So there's this thing, called the Glass Unicorn. It's like the Glass Rose, but for real. In fact, the Spirit confirmed it, and he cannot lie," Satan said, talking down to us as though we were idealistically stupid. "It's in a place called 'The Black Mountain'."
      "And why are you telling us all of this?" Sam asked urgently. Satan then started to smile.
      "What?" I asked, standing up in irritation.
     "Let's just say I like the competition. We're telling you so that you can have a chance to get it yourself. Before our new member of our alliance does," Satan said, nodding his head behind us. We spun around, ready to defend ourselves.
      But there stood our two friends in the same room, yet on opposite sides of the battlefield.
     "I play to win," Blackie said, running along side Spooky.
      "Better hurry," Satan said, laughing on end, along with Ethan. Their laughter was all I could hear, along with my unfortunate knowings. Blackie and Spooky are now Enemies.