Chapter 20 (When The Powerful Is Needed)

"They threw Satan into the mirrors," Blackie yelped frantically. "If you lose, Spooky and I are leaving your ass, because I play to-".
      "Yeah, I get it." I spouted out. "You are a selfish bitch that only stays on the side that will win. Once your teammates fall, you leap to the other side so that you don't get taken straight back to hell!"
      Blackie looked taken aback, and forced an innocent expression on her face. Her face muscles clenched with much pressure as she tried to strain a tear.
      "Oh, save it," I waved my hand dismissively at the pathetic animal. "If Satan is in the mirrors, we have to get him out. I want a taste of revenge."
      "Why be loyal to him? Are you afraid to be alone, or do you actually care for the careless?" Spooky was on the edge of my boundaries. What she was asking was more of a personal question, only because the answer was personal.
      "I care enough to put my life at risk for the man who has shown me the true evil ones. The supernatural. Like my mother. So, yes. I care. I want to see the look on their faces once I take everything from them. Their love, and their life. They will be left with nothing. Just how they left me in my cell."

**********

      My stomach began to churn, and I became queezy from the affection around me, the physical contact, the love. I about doubled over at the thought of that word. Love. My mind spun as I prepared myself for impact. It was so revolted that my stomach was going to physically reject itself from the things around me that I had trained my mind, body, and soul to hate.
      "Everyone freeze."
      Guns cocked and raised at each and every one of our heads. My stomach seemed to have froze from its state, turning into a pit of utter dread. A helicopter even hovered from above. Vans were alongside cop cabs.
      The animals simply stood still and separated. Samantha had raised her hands above her head. Viberant stood still in an attack-mode stance. I stood still in shock, searching the sky. Maybe the Spirit shall finally fix something that is corrupting his system.
      "You all are a threat to us. No matter what you say, we have proof. We know everything about you."
      Sixty-five. Is it a possibility we could take them all?
      "Sam Wartext: committed murder/man slaughter, thievery, underage drinking, drinking and driving, and illegal drug use. Same crimes committed: Viberant Dawn."
      Samantha looked back and forth between us, as though repulsed. I knew she could never handle the truth. I wonder how it feels that she's been smooching upon a murderer.
      There was a corruption. Everyone around started to frantically whisper about someone missing.
      Ethan. It had to be. Alongside Satan and their followers.
      Yet, it seemed even hell couldn't keep the Devil down.
       "Present!" Satan yelled, strutting through the crowd, Ethan following behind. "Looks like things have gotten real ugly," Satan spoke, grinding his teeth in anger, staring into Viberant's eyes, as though he had been betrayed by one who was loyal to him.