Chapter 13

Luke's P.O.V.

"Shit..." Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth when I see her.

She lays on the bathroom floor, her arms carved with vertical cuts.

The blood streams down her arms, and my body doesn't react.

I have absolutely no idea of what I should do.

I snap out of my thoughts and run over to Charlie.

My hand tries to search for pulse, I can barely find something.

Her blood slowy soaks into my black jeans, which reminds me I need to call an ambulance.

The other side rings over for about a minute, which really annoys me.

"Emergency call, how can I help you?" The woman's voice asks calmly.

"Uh, my girlfriend cut her wrists and I don't know how long she layed here and I really need some help." I quickly speak up, realising my voice is shaking badly, my hands also.

After I've given the woman all the information she needed, I'm still on my knees, trying to staunch the cuts.

A once white towel does a service to pressure the wounds, and within minutes, it's stained with deep red blood.

When is this fucking ambulance coming?

Just when I thaught this, I hear a faint sound of a siren.

A few moments later, I hear a loud knock on the door, so I rush to open it.

Two men and one woman are standing in the hallway, staring at me.

"She's in the bathroom, second door on the right." I inform them, and they nod at me, making their way to the bathroom.

I decide to go wash my hands in the kitchen, since the bathroom is stocked.

I only now realise my hands are stained with Charlie's blood. When I look in the shiny surface of the tap, I can see my face has also a few swipes of the red fluid.

Now I get why the paramedics were looking at me, I look like a fucking zombie.

"Excuse me, young man?" The womans voice surprises me.

I turn around to face her, full of hope.

"We're taking her to the hospital right now, but she'll make it."

A huge sigh comes out of my mouth, and I can feel my muscles relax.

"You may want to pack a few stuff for her, like pyjama's and fresh clothes." She informs me, she's really calm.

"Thank you so much." I say, giving her a hug, which may sound weird.

It probably is.

"It's nothing, young man. You already did a great job cleaning the wounds. She's one lucky girl." She smiles at me.

"Lauren, we're going now." One of the men says, carrying Charlie on a brancat, white sheets covering her body.

She looks pale, very pale.

"Take care, young man." Are the woman's last words before closing the door.

Silence falls over me, I'm in some kind of shock.

A thousand thoughts are crossing my mind at the same time, I can't figure out the words that are flowing through my head.

I should probably clean the bathroom, but I don't dare.