Chapter 20

Luke's P.O.V.

I turn the key to start the engine, the soft rumbling tells me I can leave the empty parking lot.

I take a few sharp turns before the car ends up on the highway. A few times I look from my eyecorners to Charlie, she also has her vision straight on the road.

My hands clench around the steering wheel, my knuckles turn white from the pressure.

I refuse to say one single word to her, if she wanted to run away, she'll have to do it with my silence.

A few miles later on the highway, she finally speaks, or slurs, up to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you speaking to me?"

Still, no word slips from my mouth.

She quickly forgets what she said, the alcohol taking over her body and mind.

Her finger hits the radio button, it softly begins to play a song I've never heard.

She apparently has, she softly sings every word of the pop song.

I never knew she was into pop.

Her mind is completely focused both on the song and on her hair.

She nervously twirls it between her small fingers, braiding and undoing it every now and then.

My eyes are back on the road, it's pretty calm for six in the evening.

Only a few cars on the highway, sometimes a truck.

Eventhough I only walked for an hour to look for her, my legs are pretty numb. I guess I was stressing out a bit too much.

My blood is still boiling from the fact that she was with another guy..

He could've took advantage of her being drunk as fuck, at only three in the afternoon when I found her.

I shake the thought off my mind, I don't want to cause another accident today.

A deep sigh releases itself from my nostrils, snapping Charlie out of her thoughts.

We both remain in silence, both too stubborn to say a word about this situation.

My fingers nervously tap on the steering wheel, trying not to burst out, in tears.

This is a fucked up situation. Charlie is drunk, I'm close to crying and we're now close to my house, fortunately.

I'm wondering how much alcohol she consumed in only two hours or so.

She had her wallet with her, but forgot her cellphone.

Which is kinda weird for her.

Sometimes, I just want to run away from this madness. Not to another city, maybe another country across the world. Probably the United Kingdom if I had to choose.

If I had the chance, I'd immediately pack my stuff and leave it all behind.

But on the otherhand, I don't want to upset my friends, my girlfriend.

If she even considers me as her boyfriend in a situation like this.

...

Before I realise, we've arrived at my home.

The second I shut down the whole system, Charlie shoots out of the car and slams the door.

She stumbles to the front door, waiting for me to open it.

I also get out of my car and fumble with my keys.

She does have an arrogant expression plastered on her face, the faded blue hair making her look like the typical rebelious teenage daughter. Her eyebrow piercing makes the picture complete.