Chapter 18

Charlie's P.O.V.

I'm back at my place, Luke brought me there because we're going on a date.

He said I needed to wear something comfortable, so here I am, rumbling through my closet.

I can't deny that I'm pretty nervous, so I'm more thinking than searching for clothes.

Joy says I need to wear something simple yet stunning.

I end up wearing a light skinny jeans together with a Pink Floyd baseball tee. And ofcourse, as always, my black worn out Vans.

I decide to wear my hair down, it looks okay today, I guess.

I'm not really in the mood for a lot of make up, so I end up applying some mascara and lipbalm.

Not sure of how I look, I quickly rush over to Joy's room next door, I don't mind knocking.

She's on her bed, her laptop on the star-printed sheets.

"Do I look okay?" I whisper, not wanting Luke to hear me, eventhough he's in the living room.

"Where are you going on this time of the day?" She glances over to her watch, it's probably close to seven in the evening.

"Luke asked me out on a date and I'm butt nervous. So, do I look okay or not?"

She has a big grin on her face, making a sort of rape-face.

"You look absolutely fine, now go and have fun, but not too much." She winks, and I give her a not understanding look, turning away and leaving the room.

I step into the living room, finding Luke exactly where I left him, on the couch with his cellphone.

He is wearing his usual black skinny jeans with a hole in his right knee, a black DropDead tee and the same black Vans as me.

Not so usual is that he's wearing a wine red snapback, which suits him really well.

He notices that I'm staring at him, and he sends me a dorky face.

"Do you like what you're seeing?" He says, gesturing to himself on a girly way.

He lifts up his snapback, only to ruffle his hair and put it back on.

Why do you even fix your hair when it's tucked underneath it?

He grabs my hand and pulls me to him, in a some kind of hug.

"Have I told you bandshirts look very good on you?" He muffles into my hair, which makes it sound less audible.

I answer by looking up at him, raising my eyebrow.

He shrugs it off, pushing me to the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, I kept asking about it but he won't release one single word. Or he really doesn't want me to know where we're going, or he hasn't made it up yet.

As expected, he keeps his mouth shut and takes his carkeys out.

The gentleman he is, he opens the door for me, which makes me do a 'skirt lifting bowing down' gesture.

...

The car ride takes pretty long, we don't talk.

Only listening to a playlist he has set up.

But it's not an awkward silence. It's more the kind of silence where you don't need to look at one another, or constantly touch eachother.

It's just the presence of the person that is enough to make you happy.