Chapter 22 - Surprise

It was a couple months later and in 4 days it was Christmas Eve, I was seeing my dad on the 28th of December as he didn't want to pay extortionate fees for a flight in the run up to christmas. Everyone else was going home, Will and RJ were going back to Florida and all the O2L boys were dispersing across America, whereas I was staying home, well in my apartment alone.

I was going to miss Kian so much, I mean we have really only been separated a week and now it was going to be 2, I had his gifts already wrapped under the tree as this was our first christmas together, we also did a cute ornament exchange so I had those under the tree as well. We were exchanging them today so he should be here any minute. 

I was already dressed and editing yesterday's vlog ready for uploading it later on, when the doorbell rang. Today I wasn't in my usual hurry to answer the door as I knew when we said goodbye it would be the last time I would see him for 2 weeks. I answered the door and tried to smile but he knew something was up. 

We sat down on the couch and he was baring gifts, when he kissed my forehead I tried to savour that feeling. "So I have to ask you something?" He said sounding nervous. I wanted to worry but knew it couldn't be that bad otherwise he would be shaking like he usually would when he came baring bad news. "What's up?" I said reassuringly, grabbing his hand and holding it, squeezing it gently to show I cared.

"Well, I know it's been almost 5 months, but my mom wants to meet you and said the best time would be Christmas as everyone who is family or close friends of family come together and well you are a close friend so your welcome. You don't have to if you don't want to I know its chucking you in at the deep end and all but I don't want you to be here alone." He said starting to smile a little. 

I smiled at him, I didn't care if I was being thrown in at the deep end his mom wanted me to come for christmas and that was enough for me. "I would love to come for Christmas, it would be nice to meet your family and hear all the embarrassing stories of you as a child." I giggled. 

"Good, it's going to be fun, and I will drive you back on the 27th so you can be here for your Dad to arrive the 28th." He said calmly, he was beaming from ear to ear so I'm guessing he is happy I said yes. "Ok, so now we can do the ornament exchange?" I said still smiling to, I was glad I was getting to spend our First christmas together although vlogging may be slightly difficult as I don't know them... 

I passed him the bag from under the tree which had the beautifully wrapped ornaments in it. I had spent quite a while wrapping them as I wanted them to be perfect, one was a present which opened up and had a picture of us in it, taken from our first kiss together, it was one of my favourites so I felt it was the most fitting. The second ornament inside the bag was a little joke as it was a penny board that had christmas lights and tinsel wrapped round it.  Now we had no rules to this ornament exchange so when I received a Tiffany & Co bag I was shocked. 

"Kian, these were meant to be a joke, not all out gifts, I no longer need a christmas present." I was kinda annoyed, mine seemed so irrelevant now as his was going to push the boat out of the water. He opened mine to him first, I vlogged already this morning so had an intro so just continued to vlog as he opened the gifts in the bag. He laughed at the penny board one and liked the picture of us. He kissed my forehead and then took the camera off me to record my reaction to his ornaments.

"So Dreamers, we decided to do an ornament exchange as it is our first christmas together, but it was meant to be a joke and something maybe a little more sentimental, but obviously Kian just wanted sentimental value." I said to the camera, lifting the turquoise Tiffany & Co bag. 

I began to open it, I found a cute box the same colour as the bag, it was beautifully wrapped with a red ribbon instead of the usual white one. I untied the ribbon carefully and there was a beautiful glass heart and the words "Kian and Lola, 31 July 2013" I couldn't help myself, a tear began to roll down my cheek. It was so beautiful. 

I placed the ornament back in the box and then on to the table before, Kissing Kian deeply, I couldn't express how happy I was with words as I had none left. I was totally speechless.