Chapter 5

Killian quickly got his suit and snuck into the abandoned warehouse. He stood up on the support beam and watched below as a man in the suit handed a briefcase to the man standing across from him. Behind the man in the suit, there were two other muscular guys, each holding guns. The man with the suit had a cane and long hair that ended just below his ears. The guy across from him wore torn clothes that were dirty and baggy. There was a fearful look on his face, but Killian could see how that was just for show.

"You wouldn't mind if I looked in the case to make sure it is all here, would you?" He asked the man in the suit.

"Be my guest." The man in the dirty clothes knelt down on the floor and opened the briefcase. Inside of it was stacks of cash. "Now, you'll do as he asks? Will you find him and capture him?"

"Oh yes." The guy licked his lips and took off his shirt to reveal a dark shirt. He took off his baggy jeans and had black jeans underneath. "I'm always ready."

"Remember, don't kill him. Injure him all you want, but he needs him alive."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. And I have the perfect tool."

Both of the men laughed and Killian jumped down from the beam. The two men with the guns were flung backwards and knocked out. Killian smirked and laughed. "Maybe you should worry about yourselves instead of ruining the lives of others."

The man in the suit laughed and leaned on his cane. "The Mind. We were just talking about you."

"You're scared of me." Killian looked at the other guy in the dark clothing. "Both of you are. I can feel your fear."

"Killian, the one with the cane calls himself Mr. Gold. He is business partners with Jekyll. If you want answers, you have to keep him alive. The other person is Greg Medelle. Highly trained assassin," Victor cut in through the earpiece.

"I suggest you get out of here, Mr. Mendelle. I don't like hurting people. Unless they hurt me or someone I care about first," Killian said, glaring at the younger man.

"No. I'm not one for giving up so easily." Greg held up a gun and pointed it at Killian. "I think you'll be coming with me."

"I don't think so." Greg smirked and pulled the trigger. The bullet stopped in midair. A look of fear crossed Greg's face. The bullet dropped to the ground and Killian laughed. "The hell?"

"I have powers. If you knew that, then neither of us would be standing here, would we?" Killian flung Greg back into a stack of crates.

He turned around to see Mr. Gold standing there with a smile. "Oh, Mr. Jones, I've heard a lot about you. Jekyll has been waiting for you."

"He's gonna have to keep waiting because I will never go to him. I want to help this city. Not destroy it."

"He also wants his notes back."

"So he can make more people like me? I don't think so. Besides, where they are, he will never get them back. I burned them as soon as I acquired them." Killian nodded his head and Gold flew into the air and clutched his neck as he started choking. "You can tell Jekyll that I will find him and I will defeat him. No matter what it takes." Gold fell to the ground and coughed. Killian kicked him and Gold fell back, passed out. "Guys, you need to get here now with the van. Before everyone wakes up."

"Regina is on her way."

A moment later, a white van with no windows pulled into the abandoned warehouse. Killian picked Gold up and draped him over his shoulders then tossed him into the van and shut the door. Regina handed Killian his change of clothes and he quickly put them on, taking him less than a minute to do so. He got in the passenger's seat and she sped off to the lab.

"What are we going to do with him? What do you plan on accomplishing, Killian? This guy isn't going to tell you anything," Regina said, darting her eyes between Killian and the road.

"He will talk eventually. And if he doesn't, I can enter his mind and get the answers I want. I want my revenge on Jekyll, and I want to keep this city safe," Killian explained. 

"Fine, but remember, there is no killing in the lab." Regina's phone started to ring and she sighed and dug it out of her pocket. She handed it to Killian. "Answer Victor."

"Regina is driving. What can I do for you, Victor?"

"Tell her that Emma is here so they can go to dinner," Victor said. "Bring Gold to the basement and put him in the cell for the time being, but don't bring your suit."

"Duh. Tell her we will be there in a minute or so." Killian hung up and turned in his seat to face Regina. "Emma is at the lab to go to dinner with you," he said.

"Okay. I'll park around back and you can put Gold in a cell. Don't let her see you with him or your suit. She'll ask questions. It would be safer if we didn't tell her about your other life. She will be safer that way."

"Aye, I agree. But, if she is going to be living here in the city now, and she's close to you and getting close to me, we can't keep it secret forever."

"I know, but for now, she doesn't and won't know a thing." Killian nodded in agreement. Regina parked the van in front of a garage door and pressed a button. The door opened and Killian grabbed Gold and took him inside while Regina went in the lab to meet her friend.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!