Chapter 34

Emma found that her neck was stiff and sore when she woke up. Something rough, painful, and scratchy was digging into her arms. She opened her eyes and looked around, but everything was dark. Her arms were restrained and she could barely move. As she started having a panic attack, the lights went on. She couldn't tell where she was at. The room was cold, damp, and smelled of mold. She was strapped down on a metal table with ropes holding her down. She picked her head up and looked around. It looked like a basement. There were no windows and concrete walls. Footsteps echoed through the room. With each passing second, each footfall would get louder.

"Hello?" Emma called out, struggling against the restraints.

"Don't rub against the rope, Emma," a voice said. A second later, the person towered over her. She glared up at Jekyll. "You don't want to get rope burn."

"Let me out of here you sick son of a bitch."

"Can't. Not until I have Killian. Then, I will move you to a room where you will both be brainwashed. You won't remember each other. Killian will become my enforcer and you will be the supporting daughter. You will think you had the life you have always wanted." He ran his fingertips down her cheek, causing Emma to turn her head to each side violently, trying to get him away from her. He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him in the eyes. "None of that now, dear." Emma spit in his face and he flinched back, letting her go. "I'll be back you ungrateful bitch."

The heavy metal doors slammed shut and Emma picked her head up to look at the restraints. She worked her leg out of them on one side and kicked the nail a few times that held the ropes down. She did the same to her other foot and slowly wormed her arm out of the ropes. Once her right hand was free, she untied her left hand and got up off the table. Emma didn't know how long she had been gone. She wasn't sure if Killian was awake and knew that she was missing or not. All she could hope was that the tracker in her earrings was on and working. But, she couldn't take the chance that he would come and get her now. Jekyll was a monster. There was no telling about what he was planning to do with her as he was waiting to get Killian. Emma found a wooden door and slowly and hesitantly opened it. The hallway was empty. She went to the end of the hall where a staircase was. She looked up, seeing an open doorway. Loud footsteps creaked above her and they were coming closer to the door. She backed up but whoever the person was, they were running. She wouldn't be able to slip back in the bonds Jekyll had tied her up in. He was a mad scientist. Not a very successful kidnapper. Emma put herself against the wall, knowing that no matter where she went, she wouldn't be able to get of here. As the person descended the stairs, she braced herself to confront the person. She turned to the figure in front of her, her fist raised up, ready to punch them when she heard a breath of relief.

"Swan!"

She looked up to see none other than The Mind standing in front of her. "Killian."

"What are you doing? You are depriving me of a dashing rescue!"

"Sorry, but the only one who saves me is me," she said with a smirk that slowly faded when she saw him roll his eyes and cross his arms over his chest. "Fine, and you. But me mostly."

"I'll take it," he said, rushing up to her to kiss her. "Cmon, we have to go before the guards wake up. I have Jekyll in the van outside. We have to go." He picked her up bridal style and enhanced his speed and ran out of the house. Suddenly, they were lifted into the air.

Emma screamed and tightened her arms around his neck as they continued to get higher in the air. "What the fuck, Killian? Get back on the ground!" She yelled, but he ignored her. He didn't go back on the ground- well rooftop until she saw the lab building through the clouds. When he set her down on her feet, Emma fisted the gravel from the roof in her hands. "Ground, sweet, sweet ground."

"I take it you didn't like my new trick?" He asked, putting his hands on his sides.

"I might have liked it more if we weren't running from our lives! If I hadn't just gotten kidnaped by my crazy father!" Emma started to hyperventilate. "I'm going to be sick," she mumbled. Killian rushed to her and held up her hair. She ran to the side of the building and couldn't help but throw up.

"Let's hope you didn't hit anybody," Killian mumbled when she was done. He picked her up bridal style again but she smacked his chest. "What?"

"No flying!"

He chuckled, "deal." They raced off towards the basement of the lab. Emma clutched his silver suit in her hands as thy walked deeper into the basement. Basements would never be the same to her now. They walked over to the cell where Jekyll had been lazily tossed in. He was snoring softly. Regina and Victor were standing off to the side, looking at a tablet. "I'm going to talk to Regina and Victor for a moment," he whispered, putting his hands on her upper arms to steady her as he looked into her eyes. "I'll be right over there. I promise." She nodded and he kissed the top of her head. "What do we have here?" He asked the two scientists.

"Nothing much," Regina said. "All of his vital signs are normal. No brain alteration so he doesn't have any powers that we can take notice of now. There aren't extra cells in his body either. Everything is normal."

"I need a blood sample," Killian whispered, looking at his friends. "Jekyll might have mentioned something about him being Emma's birth father. Emma needs to know if that is the truth or not."

"Does she need to know, or do you need to know, Jones?" Victor asked.

"We both do. Please," Killian begged. Victor nodded. "Thank you, mate."

"We'll go get the blood sample kit," Regina said. Both her and Victor went up the stairs.

Killian took a deep breath and ran his hand down his face. A sharp gasp was heard behind him and he turned around, only to see Jekyll holding Emma. His arm around her throat, probably doing nothing but choking her. "So we meet again, Mind," Jekyll hissed. An evil laugh following his statement. "I have been waiting a long time to do this."