16)Someone as mighty as a lion but still as gentle as a bluebird

Continuation of last chapter

"Pregnant.", He repeats.

"Yes, I am."

"I'm gonna be a dad!!! I'm gonna be a dad!!!"

"You're gonna be a dad and I'm gonna be a mom." She says.

He squats down at stomach level and wraps his arms around her.
"Hey little wolf. It's me your dad. I can't wait to meet you."

She's smiling with tears in her eyes. They're going to be parents in a couple of months. Then she remembers Steve's' words about her,"I knew that you liked to screw around with people but with Natasha?!?!? She's messed up in the head. Who would want that?"
Who would want her. She has a past that tears her apart.

"Steve is right..."

"What?" Tony says as he hears her mumble.

"N-nothing. Just a thought don't worry bout' it." She says.

"I heard you." ,He tells her, "and he isn't right. I know what your thinking right now and it isn't true. You are perfect the way you are. My mate and mother of my child."
<<<~~~>>>~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~<<<
2 hours later
Current Location- outside at mailbox

As he's checking the mail he sees an invite to a charity ball. I wonder if Tasha wants to go, he thinks. We haven't been dancing in a while.

He walks back to the apartment to find her sitting on the couch watching TV. He flops down next to her.

"Do you have a dress?" He asks.

"Why?" She questions.

"I got an invite to a charity ball that's on Christmas Eve-that seems to be a Saturday-and I need a date. Tasha would be my date?"

"Yeah, but what do I wear? Is there a theme for the ball?"

"Let me look real quick."
As he reads the pamphlet he finds the information they're looking for.

"Yes there is. It's a winter wonderland/Santa's workshop style. It says we're supposed to dress semi-formal since kids are invited too. They have a whole Santa's workshop area for them. Nice-- I haven't been to one of those."

"That's Cool. How many weeks until the ball?"

"About 5 weeks from today. That's plenty of time for us to find some suitable attire."

"Yay.", she shouts,"dress shopping time."