[26] Waiting Game

Park Eun-Bi, Olivia

It's been a few weeks since the last day of tour. I had gone through the letters the fans gave to me and I stacked them up neatly, keeping them into a box. As for the gifts, the stuffed toys were placed by the sides of my bed and on the couch by my window. As for the cosmetics, they were all unopened on my dressing table, together with the accessories. I looked over to my newly bought piano that had my music score file on a stand near it.

It was the time of the year when all Kpop groups took a month long break. No rehearsals, meetings, interviews, meet and greets or concerts. Just sit back and relax. It was the time when many members of the band would release solo pieces. Some bands even started breaking up, causing heartbreak upon the fanbase.

I sat at the dining table for lunch with the boys as we ordered take out. I quietly ate my food, the boys involved in their regular chatter. Even though it was time for our break. We originallydecided to stay in Korea together. We wanted to see family, but we knew that our band was a family and we wanted to spend time with each other.

They slowly organised multiple events for us to go to. There were numerous more things like bungee jumping, painting, cooking, learning English and Museum visits. Not all of us were interested in these events. But that's what made us GOT7. We're willing to try new things for each other. We might be facing our fears, might be facing what we thought would be the ultimate pits of boredom but, we sacrificed this for each other.

I guess that's what made me absolutely love these guys. Ever since the first photoshoot. I saw how much they were willing to get to know me and understand the situation I had been dealing with since a very young age. They took the time to understand not only because we were a band, but we were family.

They were the family I had longed for. One that wouldn't leave. One that would stay.

My family's house was sold. My belongings were shipped to my room and my brother stayed with my Uncle in his Condominium. It's like we were our own little broken family, for each other.

Mark enters my room, wrapping his arms around me from the back as I had just finished putting everything in its place. "I've missed you."

For the past few weeks, we weren't able to spend that much alone time together because the boys insisted on band time. So moments like this were now a rarity and every second had to be cherished.

"I've missed you too." I say, turning around and smiling at him. "I know you were affected by Jung-sook when he told you my ideal type. I just want to let you know that after I met you, all these perceptions of what my type would be were all gone. I figured that I don't have a specific type. I figured that I only have one girl who would possibly meet all the miscellaneous traits that I love about a girl. And that girl is you." He says, caressing my cheek.

"You're funny. You're generous. You let us make fun of you for the littlest of things and you make fun of us in return. You're generally fun to be around. You make us feel like a real family. You've been the glue that has held us together. Apart from them, you made me realise what love really is. It isn't just about trust and affection. It's about your bond with the other person." He says.

What was he going with this? He has never said something like this before.

"Eun-Bi. Before I met you, I was a complete introvert with a hatred for all things that was out of my comfort zone. I realised that you made me want to be brave. You made me want to be responsible. You've made me want to be a better person." Mark says, both of our eyes tearing up. "M-Mark.."

"I know we're a little too young at this age. But I've never been so sure in my life that I want to spend the rest of my time on this Earth with someone like you. It would be an honour to have you as my forever. So.. maybe we won't get married now. But all I'm asking for is a promise. A promise that once we grow a little older and when we're ready. You'll be my Mrs Tuan."

As he said this, he opened up a little velvet box, revealing a ring. My eyes widened. "Relax! It's a promise ring." He says, standing up as he takes my hand, laughing at me. "So. Will you, Park Eun-Bi Olivia, be my Mrs Tuan eventually?" He asks, his eyebrows lifted up. "Of course I will." I said, laughing as I wiped my tears. He slid on the ring unto my ring finger. I engulf him into an immediate hug, crying some more as he strokes my back lovingly.

"Come on." He says, dragging me to the living room. The boys surprised me, shouting a loud, "Congratulations!"

I smile and thank them. "Lauren! Jung-sook!" I say, shocked. "They sort of insisted on being here." Mark whispers. "Unnie!" Lauren squeals, jumping into my arms as she smears icing across my cheek.

"Mrs Tuan!" Jackson says as he places a crown on my head. "I thought it was someday?" I asked Mark as I turned to him. "The boys are really impatient. You should know that by now." He says, licking the icing from my cheek. "Aish. This is disgusting." Yugyeom whines, shaking his head. Mark smirks, giving me a quick kiss after I let Lauren run off. "Hyung!" BamBam whines, throwing a pillow at Mark.

"We will have to get used to it." Jr says, giving us a sigh. "Nuh-uh. It's someday for a reason. We have time up till that 'someday'" Jb says, wrapping an arm around Jackson. "Marlivia! Marlivia!" They shouted, as they did little dances.

"I love you." Mark says, smiling down at me. "I love you too." I say, wiping the icing from my face and smearing it unto his forehead before running off.

"Yah! Mrs Tuan!"