Chapter 2

Nick's POV

I woke up the next morning to feel some guy shaking me awake.

????: "Hey we need to get up so we can pack your things into the car. We need to be at the airport in three hours for check in."

Nick: "What time is it?"

????: "It's 3 am."

Nick: "No I am going back to sleep and then need to make everyone breakfast, get the kids ready for school and help the older ones with assessments."

I felt the guy shaking me a little more violently this time.

Lachlan: "Come on man I finally found you, I don't want to lose you again."

I looked up and recognised the blonde hair of my recently found Brother, or step brother but it doesn't really matter right?mhis family gave me up at a young age, as far as I know they could actually still be dead.

Nick: "Wait I got adopted?"

Lachlan: "Yeah do you remember, Rob is waiting out the front now, we need to get going. You wrote them all notes last night, that's why we need to pack now."

I looked around at everything around me, I noticed bags were already tied up with names on them. My electronics were packed away into boxes with more names.

Nick: "Lachlan I'm giving away all of my stuff. I don't have anything to pack aside from my wallet and my phone. Wait I don't have a passport."

Lachlan: "Here."

He handed me a small book like thing.

Lachlan: "Grace said she used a stock photo she had of you for the image. You have a passport because we needed to get you one so you could leave Australia."

Nick: "This is actually a thing."

"please don't make this any harder than it already will be, I finally found you. Please don't walk away."

I thought about the voice I heard. He was so dominant where as normally the voices I hear are quiet and submissive. Is that just a family thing? Do family voices sound louder than normal?

Lachlan: "Come on then, we can buy you some things periodically. But I think the first thing we will get you is a change of clothes."

I looked down to see the shirt I had on was starting to get tight around my chest and body. It had started to ride up slightly but I had refused to get anything new until all of the other children had what they needed. They always came first. I notice the top of it starting to come over my slim figure. I guess that's one thing I had going for me, I was pretty attractive. Slight abdominal outlines but that was mainly due to running around all day every day helping the kids, tending to the garden and making sure everything was running smoothly. It kept me fit to say the least.

Lachlan: "Hey you ok?"

"He hates me, he doesn't want to come. Of course he wouldn't his family are here, his friends are here why would he leave with someone who tells him he's his brother in one day, there's no way he would ever believe me."

Nick: "Yeah I'm just going to miss this place."

I heard an audible exhale from Lachlan as I stood up and walked outside, my passport, wallet and phone in my hand. Lachlan followed behind me and tried to grab my hand but I flinched, pulling it away. He seemed a bit upset.

Nick: "Sorry it will take me some time to get use to it."

Lachlan: "It's fine, I shouldn't have tried. Let's just hop in the car, I'm sure Rob has something for you."