Chapter 6

Nick's POV

I walked out of Jerome's room after we talked for a little bit. About his job and his life, past relationships he has had which kind of broke my heart a little. He was really sweet and seemed to be someone that would treat someone right. So how none of his relationships ever worked was beyond me. I tried walking into Dad's room but I heard him talking loudly. So I thought I'd better leave him be. I know Preston, Jerome and Landon are in their rooms so I might just have a look around. I walked back down to the entrance and started walking around, noticing my surroundings. I heard Rob say he travels a lot. And I think Jerome said he likes to come down here. I don't want him to think that he couldn't anymore just cos I'm here. I might get bored yeah but I can look after myself. I walked around a corner and noticed a small kitchen with the fridge open. I looked inside and noticed a range of pre made meals and A lot of coffee, that much can't be good for someone surely.

Jess: "Hey."

I shit myself and banged my head on the top of the fridge before pulling out and closing the door. I could tell Jess was trying not to laugh.

Nick: "Hey, that hurt."

Jess: "Sorry, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you during dinner. Mitch said Landon has been trying to take you out?"

Nick: "Yeah it's kind of annoying to be honest. I was talking to Jerome earlier about his past relationships. He said that Youtubers could potentially have anyone they wanted, which made it hard for him to like someone when everyone would be so affectionate."

Jess: "Yeah I could believe that. But Jerome's problem is that he is too kind, I remember I was with the boys while we were out. Jerome wanted to stay and extra ten minutes so no one would be left out for a photo. Even though we were already late as it was."

Nick: "So what happened?"

Jess: "Mitch left because he needed to go. I stayed with him and made sure he left when he could. I guess when your at that point where anyone could be an option. If you did genuinely like someone, it would be difficult because they would get jealous."

Nick: "Do you get jealous?"

I noticed her chuckle to herself before she pulled me in for a hug.

Jess: "Everyone get's jealous believe me, if you Ever say you aren't jealous then your a liar. I think Landon might be jealous of Jerome, the way Landon would glare at him made me a bit upset for the poor guy, he probably thought that Jerome had more chance than he did. Making him feel desperate to see you so Jerome knew he couldn't have you."

She let go and waved before turning around.

Nick: "hey wait. Let me come, I don't know what to do while the boys are working."

Jess: "That's ok, Mitch and Lachlan went looking for you so I came down here to get a drink, we were going to watch Something on Netflix, want to join us?"

Nick: "What's a Netflix? You said watch, is it like a show?"

She laughed to herself before ushering me along with her. She explained what Netflix was and I felt so old fashioned. It kind of annoyed me a little that I don't know much about the world.

Nick: "Sure, sounds good I guess."

Jess: "Come on then, we can go watch an episode or two while we wait for the others to finish. I think Rob wanted to take you back to Preston's place with him, give you a proper place to sleep instead of a mattress that would be too small."

Time Skip

After watching a few episodes of some Lawyer show, I started feeling tired, Lachlan and Mitch made up some popcorn for us all as we sat down and watched it in Mitch's room, a few chairs set up while we watched the monitor.