Chapter 5

Jerome's POV

During the trip home I couldn't help but let my thoughts fall on the boy in the front of the car, his hair lightly waving in the wind from the heater, his hazel eyes were just. God damn it Jerome pull yourself together. I could never be good enough for anyone like him, it's not even just him. I mean Lachlan would be extremely protective of him and that I understand, he has known about his Brother for so long. And now he finally found him I doubt he would ever let anyone too close. And Rob, I've never seen him like this before, maybe he has really taken on the whole dad thing. He seems to be really trying to make it work and I have so much respect for him to be able to sit here with Nick in the front and call him his son. Rob mate, you have earned infinite respect from me.

Rob: "Not my type Jerome, I like Vagina."

Jerome: "What?"

Rob: "You were staring at me and smiling to yourself."

Jerome: "No no no I'm so sorry, I was just thinking how much respect I have for you for what you have done for both Lachlan and Nick. I. Sure Nick would have loved it where he was, his friends and family. But to be able to not only travel but to always be welcomed home by someone who wants nothing but the best for them, even though you guys haven't known each other anywhere near long enough to establish that bond had you not adopted him, it's amazing to watch you two."

Nick: "What do you mean by, welcomed home by someone who wants nothing but the best? I can look after myself, and with what Lachlan was telling me about the whole YouTube thing, I think I'll be the one looking after him."

Rob: "What no. No I won't let you think you have to do anything, we can find you a job or something along the lines of what your good at, and then we can worry about anything so your not bored at home."

Nick: "It's fine Rob, it may take time I understand that, but if your always travelling the world, wouldn't it be really hard to keep a normal job that requires you to go in and work each day? I might have to look into something I can do online."

Rob: "Your really taking to this online thing aren't you?"

Nick: "I don't really have much of a choice, I have a strange feeling that aside from my dad, that everyone I meet will likely be a YouTuber. That's the right term isn't it?"

Preston: "Oh speaking of."

I notice Preston reach forward and hit the record button on his camera before he started recounting what was going on, it was a little awkward at first with Nick sitting in the front but he eventually let loose and started laughing along.

Preston: "now you guys can have a better look at Nicholas here, and you can say a proper hello this time."

Nick: "Hey whoa you asked me to say hello so I did."

Preston: "It was so bad though?"

Nick: "It was only bad because I didn't know what was going on. Come on mate your mean."

Rob: "Mean what? Preston what did you do?"

Nick: "Relax dad I was making a joke."

I felt the car go quiet before it actually did, the lot of us were stunned.

Preston: "Well then, at least most people will think he is just making a joke, do you want me to leave that in?"

Rob: "No."

Nick: "Yes."

Rob: "You were freaking out earlier. I don't want to see you get hurt or have people tear you apart in the comments."