Chapter 37

Nick's POV

This was getting annoying. I have barely been here for two days and yet I'm back at the airport. With Lachlan and Josh grinning to each other like little school girls.

Nick: "If you two start fucking I swear to god."

Josh: "We won't. I can guarantee you that unlike Rob I actually have a decent idea of common sense. If we were to have sex now, there are a lot of people that would be able to see it. It wouldn't be a very good idea if we did start."

Lachlan: "And besides. We are here to pick up Jerome. I'm sure you're excited to see him?"

Nick: "Yes of course I'm excited to see him, he still after all this time..."

I couldn't help but smile slightly to myself.

Nick: "He still gives me the warm feeling in my body whenever I hear his name."

Josh: "It's an incredible feeling isn't it?"

Nick: "Yeah."

Lachlan: "That must be the plane landing now. Ready to go guys?"

Nick: "More than ever."

Josh: "Let's go."

As the three of us got out of the car. Walking through the car park to the entrance, I thought back on what Jerome got up to while we weren't... together? I don't even know what to call it. He made me so happy, yeah he has had his moments but we all do. It's a natural part of life to go through some things.

Lachlan: "Just stand here, Jerome will find you. We could be in a crowded area with thousands of people. He would still be able to find you."

Nick: "Yeah, Thanks Lachlan."

While I waited for Jerome. Lachlan walked off to the bathroom and Josh had decided to head off to find some food, I don't think he would have much luck but it's a possibility. I stood for what felt like an hour, though in reality it was probably five minutes, before flinching at the feeling of two hands landing so lightly on my waist, his head resting gently on the back of my own.

Jerome: "I missed you so much."

I turned myself around. His hands still resting on my waist as I looked up into his eyes, tears starting to form in them as I lifted my hands to hold his cheeks, wiping the tears from his eyes.

Nick: "I missed you too."

I noticed him lean in, and kiss my forehead, his hands lifting and wrapping themselves around me, holding onto me tightly. He held himself for a few seconds before resting his head on mine.

Jerome: "I still love you, every fucking day I would wake up and no matter how hard I tried to perish the thoughts, no matter how hard I tried to push them away after hearing you were with Landon, And then after it all happened, you were always at the front of my mind, when I ran after you, I was so scared for what you would do. I don't know that you could do that to a person. And yet if It meant I would get to stand here now and hold you, Kiss you. I'd go through it all again."

I listened to his words as he spoke. The effort he put into it. All I could do was lift my hands to his chest as he pulled me closer, I was so comfortable, and happy. But I felt wrong if I said it, like so many people would be against me.

Jerome: "I never got the chance to say it in Texas but you look incredible with your glasses on."

????: "Hey Jerome can we get a photo please?"

Jerome: "Oh, yeah of course guys, Sorry Nick."

Nick: "It's your job, It's fine."

He let go of me but held onto my hand briefly before it fell and he walked towards the boys, I watched him take a photo with them, making them happy and yet I pull only think about my own happiness. I'm in England with my brother. My best friends adopted me, and the man I know, deep down inside of me, the man I know I love is in front of me. He was beautiful and his smile is infectious. He makes me so happy and yet, I couldn't tell him how I felt. It was like a wall was stopping me inside my head, as if the mental defenses I tried to build to block out the hurtful things that have harmed me, was now turning against me.