Young and Happy

This first chapter is just before Adam dies. 

Connie felt Adam's arms around her waist from behind her and the duvet being pulled up to her shoulders from her waist. "Morning beautiful" he said in between kissing her neck. "As nice as this is Adam, our 2 year old will be awake soon". "You'll just have to make the most out of it then". Connie giggled as he continued down the rest of her body. He came back up and pulled Connie on top of him. "Well isn't this a surprise"  Connie muttered before placing her lips to his. They soon pulled apart when they heard Melissa calling for Connie from her room. "I'm coming baby" Connie called. "You better make a start on breakfast mister" Connie teased before leaving the room to fetch Melissa. 

Melissa was still snuggled up under her duvet waiting for her mummy to come in and see her. The little girl's face lit up when her mother strolled into the room. Connie placed herself by Melissa's bed. "Morning baby, is it time to get up" . Melissa nodded and reached out for Connie. Connie picked her up and left the room before heading downstairs. 

"Now that's a pretty sight" Adam cooed as Connie waltzed into the kitchen with Melissa wrapped around her. "Hey Liss, does daddy get a hug this morning" Adam asked. Melissa just buried her head into her mother's chest. "I think someone's a tired girl" Connie whispered before kissing her daughters head. Adam pretended to cry. "Liss, baby, go give daddy a hug. See he's crying now" Connie persuaded. Melissa unwrapped herself from her mother and toddled over to Adam and tugged at his trousers. Adam looked down and lifted her up. "Me sorry daddy" Melissa said sweetly. "Why princess, daddy's been given his hug now, you've made it all better. See no more tears". "Ok daddy, me go back to mummy now please". "Of course sweetheart". Adam put Melissa down and she ran straight back into the safety of Connie's arms.

After breakfast, which was a mess, Adam left for work and Connie put The Little Mermaid on for Melissa while she cleaned the kitchen. "Mummy" Liss cried. Connie rushed in and scooped her up. "Whats wrong darling". "She's gonna hurt Ariel" Liss whimpered. Connie looked at the screen seeing Ursula on it. "Its ok baby, mummy will sit here and watch the rest with you yeh" . Melissa just nodded as Connie sat her on her lap on the sofa. By the end of the film, Melissa had fallen asleep. Connie placed Melissa on the sofa and put her blanket over her before sorting out all the toys scattered on the floor. No sooner had Connie finished, Melissa started to stir. Melissa rushed over to her mum and wrapped her arms around her neck. "Hello baby, you feeling a bit better now". Melissa nodded. "Can we speak to daddy please" Melissa begged. "Let me text him first Liss, just in case he's busy" . 

'Hey babe, you busy? Liss wants to talk to you Xxx'

'No I'm not, just sat down actually Xxx'

The familiar ringtone that belonged to Connie played from Adam's phone several seconds later. "Hey gorgeous, you ok". "I'm fine, but I have a little girl who wishes to talk to you". 

"Daddy" 

"Hey baby" 

"When you coming home" 

"Soon sweetheart" 

"You promise" 

"I promise" 

"Ok, me love you daddy" 

"I love you too Liss. Now could you hand me back to mummy please baby" 

"Ok. Mummy here" Liss said passing the phone to her mother.

"I better let you get back to work babe" Connie said. 

"I'll message you before I leave" 

"Love you babe" 

"And I you beautiful. See you later" 

"Bye". Connie hung up and looked over to Liss who was playing on the floor. Connie thought to herself 'I may be very young and I may not be getting to do what my friends are doing, but I couldn't have been happier. 

Hope its an ok start. Please let me know what you think... X