Clean Up

Jacquelyn and I spent the whole day cleaning up the mess that allegedly Jessica and Benjamin made. How did they link up? I asked myself. Should I fear this man? I was to fear no one, but God.

Jacquelyn sat down and rested for a moment and turned on the television. I decided to break with her and sit beside her on the couch, that, surprisingly, wasn't destroyed.

I closed my eyes for a slight second until I heard my name on the television. "Bruno and his fiancée Jessica Caban have called it quits to their engagement. The singer who claims to be from another world was spotted at a jazz lounge in the heart of Los Angeles, with a new lady on his arms. Was the former bride-to-be cheated on by the grenade singer?" I sat up and glued my eyes to the television. Jacquelyn's face was blurred to protect her identity, but it won't be protected for long.

I wasn't the kind to go on the Internet to observe what others say about me, but now I had to. I viewed Twitter, and I was the number 1 trend. Me and Jessica were all over the place. Our private business, was now public.

Jacquelyn rubbed my back and said, "It's going to be okay. We will get through this together. I promise."

"I don't understand why she thinks that this is perfectly okay." Jacquelyn looked down and said, "What was the real reason why you left Jessica?" She asked.

-Flashback-

"Jessica! Come here!" I shouted from my room. Jessica walked in from another room, "You need to quit yelling. What is it?" She asked. "Who the fuck is this?" I asked. I noticed a man that I never knew was constantly calling Jessica. It had been going on for days and I grew concerned.

"Bruno he's just a friend. Don't worry about it." She said. "'Don't worry about it'? Jessica a man that is calling you every day the way this man does, makes me suspicious." I shouted. "...and it's funny how this is happening the same week I leave for the tour." "You think I'm sleeping with someone else? Well shit, if I was, I'd keep it a little more reserved." Jessica snapped.

I couldn't believe the words she just said. "Bruno. I didn't mean it like that." "I can't even be in the same fucking room with you Jessica. I'm going to pack, and I'll be out. Enjoy the next six months alone."

-Present-

"Why did you still stay with her if you thought she was cheating?" Jacquelyn asked. "I was like you. I was scared. Scared that I wasn't going to find a girl who liked me for me. Not for the fame or money, but for me." I said. "So why did you propose?" I rubbed my hands through my fro, and took a deep breath. "Pressure. So much pressure. Family, friends, collegues, they'd always say 'why are you playing games with her? Settle down. Have a family, cause if you don't, she'll eventually leave' I didn't want to be by myself." I said.

Jacquelyn stroked my face and cracked a smile. "Sometimes destiny brings two odds together and make something positive. You were scared of being alone, and I was scared of being committed. We can help each other grow."

I played with Jackie's dark hair, and said, "You're right." "But right now, we need to just put our relationship to the side as of right now and just keep a close eye on Benjamin. Benjamin is a dangerous man. I don't want you to get hurt behind him." She said. "And I won't let anything happen to you." I kissed her cheek.