Dreams

The room was dark, and I noticed Jacquelyn wasn't in the bed with me. I didn't worry about it too much. She could be in the bathroom, or down the hall, maybe even downstairs.

I heard a glass break then screams. I jumped out of bed following the noise. It sounded as if Jacquelyn needed help.

I ran down the steps and attempted to turn on the lights, but every switch I seemed to flick up, the lights were out.

"Jacquelyn!?" I called out. I heard sobs, but they were all over. I couldn't find her. "Jacquelyn, where are you?" I called out again. "Right here." I turned around to see her standing behind me with tears in her eyes. "Bruno, I'm sorry."

"Jacquelyn what are you talking about?" I asked. "For everything." A man came from behind Jacquelyn and smiled devilishly at me, along with a light laugh.

It was Benjamin who was standing behind Jacquelyn. He cupped her mouth and pulled her into the dark. "Jacquelyn!" I screamed. I couldn't find her, she was gone.

I suddenly felt so empty, so alone, so depressed.

"Bruno, are you okay?" I was pulled out of from my dreams, and was brought back to reality. Jacquelyn was hovering over with worried eyes. I felt like a mute. My tongue was motionless. "I think you just had a bad dream." She said. She ran her fingers through my hair to calm me down.

"Go on and take a shower, we need to go visit Victoria." She pulled the covers back helping me out of bed. "Can...I have a hug?" I said. "Umm...okay." She hugged me tight. The nightmare I had...it was a significant omen.

"Bruno I have a question." Jacquelyn said as she still held me close to her. "Remember when you pulled me out of rehab? You said you went to get help too. What kind of help did you get?" She asked.

"I was having these nightmares. Terrible nightmares that I don't even want to reminisce. Jessica thought it'd be helpful that I'd seek help, so I did. My counselor told me that the nightmares was an omen. It was a sign of something significant. And the only way to prevent it, is to make the right choices." I explained. "I get...petrified, because sometimes, I don't know if I'm making the right decisions."

"Mmm I see." She said. "Why do you ask?" "I've always been meaning to ask you, but, I just never knew when the right time was."