Chapter 6

(Patience's Dream)

I saw him. He was standing there in front of me. Close enough to touch, but I was too afraid to touch him because I was afraid I was just dreaming. He looked at me and frowned.

"Patience, what's wrong? Don't you recognize me?" He said and took a step towards me. I thought he was still in jail.

"No, Jason, I know who you are. I just thought you were still in jail?" He put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I was never in jail, silly. That was just your imagination." I looked up at him. What is going on? In that single moment, I forgot all the questions swarming my head. I had my baby back in my arms again. I hugged him and kissed him. I couldn't let him go. He seemed surprise but he didn't know where my head was at, at the moment. He pulled me closer and held me tight. I smiled and smelled in the scent of him that I remembered. I missed that smell. Jason picked me up and carried me into the house and we went into the bedroom and laid down. He turned the TV on and we watched a movie and snuggled close. I fell asleep in his arms again.

When I woke up in the morning, he was gone. Was it all a dream? Did my mind play tricks on me? Was he actually still in jail? I heard something coming from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and saw Jason, Jaxon and Jazmyn standing my the oven making breakfast together. Jason turned around and noticed me standing there.

"Oh, hey, babe." He said as he was walking towards me, "How was your sleep?" He said and kissed me on the forehead. I smiled and looked up at him.

"It was ok. What is this?" I asked pointing to the little set up they had going on. Jason smiled and Jaxon turned around with a huge smile on his face.

"It's breakfast!" Jaxon said and just looked so adorable, "We got up early and figured we'd make you some breakfast since you seemed to be having a bad day yesterday." Jaxon turned back around and kept stirring whatever it was that he was stirring. Maddie and Alex walked in holding hands.

"Maddie and Alex are together?! Since when?" I asked and everyone looked at me like I seriously have lost my mind completely.

"Patience we got together last week. You were there when he asked me out. Are you feeling alright?" I just looked around. I was so confused. Alex and Jason never went to jail. Maddie and Alex are now dating. What is going on? I just nodded my head and sat down. I needed to think. We ate breakfast and everything seemed normal again. Like it was like the morning after we had to take Alex to the hospital. The doctors told Alex that the bruises wouldn't heal for another couple months.

"Wait, Alex and Jason how are you guys' ribs? Ya know from when you guys got into that big fight last month?" I looked at them and again I got weird looks like I have lost my mind. Why does everyone keep looking at me like that?

"Patience are you sure you didn't hit your head last night? You seem to imagining things, sweetheart." Jason said and grabbed my hand. Was I just imaging this stuff? Or was it true and they just forget? But if that was the case then I would've remembered Alex and Maddie getting together. I am still so confused. I swear Jason and Alex are supposed to be in jail and Alex and Jason got into a fight a month ago. They ended up getting arrested after they didn't pay these guys $5,000. I remember it all. Why don't they remember? Why do they think I hit my head and that I am imagining this stuff? I remember it like it was yesterday. I actually remember sending Jason a letter in the mail the day before. I went into the bedroom. I knew I left his letter in the nightstand. I opened it and to my surprise, that letter, along with many others that Jason had sent my while he was in jail, were all gone. I stared screaming no. I kept those letters because they were the only real connection I had to Jason when he was in jail. Jason came up behind me and pulled me into a hug. "Patience, are you ok? What's gotten into you?" He asked and all that I could think about was, "This is all just a dream. I am going to wake and up Jason and Alex will be back in jail, I will be lonely in the big bed with Esther and Todd, Alex and Maddie won't be together yet, and all of Jason's letters will be back in the nightstand where I left them. Everything will go back to that." I was in a full on panic attack. Yes, I loved having Jason home, I also loved the fact of him not even going to jail. I love the fact that Alex and Maddie are together, I also like the fact that Jason and Alex never got into a fight. But I hate that I don't remember it all and that I remember Jason and Alex getting into a fight, I remember them going to jail, and I don't remember Maddie and Alex getting together. I just held onto Jason for as long as I could . I didn't want to let go because I was afriad if I let go I'd wake up from a dream. He held onto me. He looked down at me and lifted my chin up to his face. He kissed me sweetly on the lips and my body melted against his. The kissed lasted for awhile and then I heard a ringing. The ringing kept going and then everything went black. Then I saw sunlight but this time I wasn't in Jason's arms anymore. I was laying on his side of his bed all curled up in a ball in his sweatshirt. Esther came up and licked my face.
"I'm okay, Esther. Just miss him a lot. I can't wait for these couple weeks to be up so that I can be cuddled up close to him again." I whispered to her and then cuddled with her and just laid there staring at the ceiling for a little bit.