5. Girlfriends?

Okay, so I already have the next, like, five chapters written, so I don't think I can just abandon this story. I know where I'm going with it, but I'm probably one of the laziest people in the state of Washington... so this may take a while...

~~~~

CHERRY’S POV

It’s been an entire month today since mine and Bandit’s date at the cemetery, and our relationship has been growing ever since. I was a little worried though because I wasn’t really sure what our relationship status really was. 

I knew that we were together and we were dating, but were we girlfriends? We had never really made anything official, but I just assumed that we both knew where we both stand. I would ask her at lunch I guess.

“Hey, Smurf head!” And thus begins the daily bullying. I turned towards the blonde bimbo, Becca’s voice. Hey, that had a ring to it. Blonde Bimbo Becca. Ha!

“What do you want this time?” I mumble. She walked up to me and smirked.

“So I saw you with that emo fag, Bandit. God, even her name is fucking weird. Anyway, I saw you two kissing the other day.” I rolled my eyes. Here we go.

“So what?” 

“So you admit to being gay?” she hisses, shocked. I just smile and nod. I was fucking proud of it. My dad taught me that. He was awesome. “That is so gross. You know that that goes against God right?” God, her voice just made me want to kick a puppy, and I love puppies.

“So does sleeping with the entire football team and cheating on your boyfriend, but you don’t seem to mind doing that.” I smirked at her reaction.

“I did NOT!” She said.

“Oh, I’m sure you didn’t.” I say sarcastically. Then, she snaps her prissy little manicured fingers John, the leader of the football team, and Becca’s boyfriend stepped forward and picked me up by my shirt collar, and glared, his icy stare seeming to dig itself into me.

“Take her to the other fag,” she hissed before walking off. Other? What the hell did they do to Bee? I tried squirming out of Johns grasp, but he just continued on, carrying me down the hall and ripping open a random locker. It wasn’t until I was actually in the locker and the door was slammed and locked that I actually noticed that someone was already in there.

“What’s up C?” I looked up at Bandit, we were pressed up against each other in the tiny space.

I smiled. “You know, just getting shoved into lockers, the usual.” She grinned down at me.

“Really, no way. Me too!” I laughed. Might as well have fun since we probably wouldn’t get out of her for a while. Oh, well. I might as well ask her.

“Hey Bee?” I ask. 

“Yeah?” she replies, and she wraps her arms around me and pulls into her. Suddenly, the tight space is a lot more comfortable. I lay my head on her shoulder and sigh. I couldn’t really think straight. Our legs were entwined and the aroma of sketch paper, coffee and acrylic paint was so intoxicating that it took me a second to realize that she was waiting for me to say something.

“Are we, like, girlfriends?” She chuckled.

“Well, I assumed so, unless you don’t want to be. I just assumed we both kind of knew without saying.” I sighed in relief. We were girlfriends, and it was official.

“Do you not want to be?” She asked, her voice was laced with fear and worry.

“No, no, no!” I say quickly, looking up into her beautiful hazel eyes. “I was worried that you didn’t want to be.” She smiled down at me and my heart soared at that lopsided smile.