Chapter 12

"My last name...is...Styles."
"Like Harry Styles?"
"Yeah he's my older brother."
"That's amazing!"
Chase looked at the ground.
"Are you gonna leave me for him..?"
"What? No! I like you not Harry. I mean, I like him just not like I like you."
I pulled him into a hug and when we pulled away he kissed me. Butterflies swirled around in my stomach. Again, I blushed a bright red. Then my phone rang. It was Demi.

Demi- "Hey Marie we gotta leave."
Me- "What about Chase? I can't leave him."
Demi- "If it's okay with his parents he can come. Just hurry!"
Me- "Okay!"

"Chase..I gotta go back to Demi..BUT you can come if it's okay with your parents."
"I sorta don't have parents. I've been living with my older brother who gets drunk every day. He won't care."
"Oh..I'm sorry..let's pack your things."

After we got his things we walked back to the tour bus. On the way there we talked.

"You know about Paige right?"
"Your adorable little baby girl? Of course!"
"She's staying at Niall's moms while we're gone."
"I can't wait to meet her." He kissed my cheek as we got closer to the bus.

"Hey lovebirds." Demi called from the bus. We both blushed and looked at each other. His blue eyes were mesmerizing. I could stare at them all day. He put his things in the cabinet on the side of the bus and we went inside.

"You like playing video games?"
"Of course I do!!"
On the way to Nebraska, we played on the Xbox.

It was now 9pm and I was getting tired. I kissed him goodnight and went to Demi's room. He was gonna sleep on the couch.

*Demi's POV*
I left my room and went to the little area with the couch.
"Hey Chase."
"Hi Demi."
"So..you're not gonna hurt Marie, right?"
"I would never hurt a gem like her. Every girl I dated before her was a rock. I've been waiting for someone like her. I'm so happy I found her."
"You're adorable." I pinched his cheeks.
"Gee thanks Demi."
"Haha. So you know about Paige right?"
"Yup!"
"And about what she's been struggling with?"
"Yeah.."
"Alright. I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight Chase."
"Night Demi."

*Chase's POV*
After Demi and Marie were sound asleep, I went into the bathroom. I took out the blade that I hid in my back pocket and placed it on the counter. I sat down on the floor and had a fight with myself.

She doesn't like you. She feels bad for you.
No stop she likes me.
Nope. Think again.
Shut up.

This went on until someone knocked. It was Demi.
"Chase? Is that you in there?"
Just then the bus went over a bump and my blade fell on the floor, making an unmistakeable metal clang.

"....Chase...?"

That wasn't Demi's voice. It was Marie's.